Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 02-02-2019, 10:35 AM

Default For Sale: Pro Tools HD6 Accel or Pro Tools HD7 Accel

I'm selling:

or a Pro Tools HD6 Accel installed in a Magma PE6R4i 6 slot PCIe PCI-X Expansion Chassis:

SYSTEM 1

- 1 x Magma PE6R4i 6 slot PCIe PCI-X Expansion Chassis (including original host cable and PCIe host card)
- 1 x Pro Tools HD Core PCI-X card
- 5 x Pro Tools HD Accel PCI-X card ( + 1 additional Pro Tools HD Accel PCI-X card for spare parts)
- no Pro Tools software included!
- no Pro Tools interfaces included!

or (by moving the cards to another expansion chassis) a Pro Tools HD7 Accel in a Digidesign 7 slot PCI-X PCI-X Expansion Chassis:

SYSTEM 2

- 1 x Digidesign 7 slot PCI-X PCI-X Expansion Chassis (including original host cable and PCI-X host card)
- 1 x Pro Tools HD Core PCI-X card
- 6 x Pro Tools HD Accel PCI-X card
- no Pro Tools software included!
- no Pro Tools interfaces included!

So I’m selling the first system with 6 cards as it is now and this fits on all computers with PCIe slots (all Mac Pro's with PCIe slots and PC's with PCIe slot). All cards are installed and the system is working. This system works with Pro Tools 8 HD, 9 HD and 10 HD (it does not work with Pro Tools 11 HD or higher).

Or I’m selling the second system with 7 cards as I originally bought it and this fits on all computers with PCI-X slots (PowerMac G3/G4/G5 and PC’s with PCI-X slots). The cards must be transferred to the Digidesign 7 slot PCI-X PCI-X Expansion Chassis that is still available in perfect condition. This system works starting from Pro Tools 6.2, 7 HD and 8 HD (it does not work with Pro Tools 9 HD of higher).

So for the record: I do not have 2 systems, it is one or the other, only the expansion chassis is different.

The ideal buyer is someone who already has a Pro Tools HD1, HD2 or HD3 system and wants to easily expand his system to the maximum possible configuration with 6 or 7 cards. The current Pro Tools cards must be removed and the HD Core card must be replaced by the PCIe or PCI-X host card of the expansion chassis. Then you will have a working system with 6 or 7 cards immediately.

Of course there will be 1 or more Pro Tools cards left, but these can then be kept for spare parts or sold.

This system worked perfectly for many years and still does. I am selling it because I switched to a Pro Tools HDX3 system.

I’m asking 1.000 euro (new it was 20.000 euro) for SYSTEM 1 or SYSTEM 2.

To be collected in Sint-Truiden (Belgium) or it can be shipped worldwide (this can be very expensive, especially to the USA)

Pro Tools | HDX system:
Mac Pro (Mid 2012) 3.33 GHz 6-core - 32 GB RAM - OS X 10.14.6 - Magma EB7 - PT HDX3 - PT Ultimate 2019.10 - HD I/O 16x16 - HD I/O 16x16 Digital - 192 I/O - 192D I/O (x3) - SYNC HD I/O - Apogee Big Ben - Rosetta 200 - Slate RAVEN MTi2 (x2) in a RAVEN CORE Station + 2 RAVEN CORE Station Sidecars - Almost all available AAX-DSP plug-ins