Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 PM

Default Re: Strange issue with button PLAY

thanks for putting that video up. I have been having that problem a bit too. I am still on Snow Leopard. I was changing the H/W buffer too and it worked for a while now it doesn't. Someone else posted trashing prefs etc... and that seems to work. It still reoccurs but not as often.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:47 AM

That's strange as I've just trashed my prefs and it didn't work. Changing the buffer always works for me. Whether I change it up or down matters not; it just works. I'm not getting too worked up about it as I have my Snow Leopard partition with a perfectly stable version of PT so, if it stops working or I get really fed up, I can go back to that. It's just the hassle of restarting and the fact I haven't installed all my plugins over there.

Paul
500GB G-Drive Mini (FW audio drive)
Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion)
Pro Tools 10.0.1
Mbox 2 Pro (connected by FW)
Old 08-27-2011, 07:51 AM

my situation is much more frequent. it happens all the time, every few minutes with PT 9.0.5 and OSX Lion 7.1.

I just upgraded to these two platforms and had no issues with PT 8.5 and OSX 6.8.

The command + 2 used to work, now it doesn't. The buffer change sometimes works, but having to do this every few minutes is unbearable and makes my workflow staggered. This is a real problem. I really hope Avid comes up with a patch for this.

If anyone else has any possible fixes or suggestions, I'm all ears. At this point, I can't get through my sessions like this. Thanks guys.
Old 08-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
I'm popping in to let everyone know this is something we're working on! I'll update this thread as more info becomes available, especially if we find a good workaround.
excellent news !
Old 08-28-2011, 12:19 PM
Avid

Can anyone experiencing this problem tell me if you have 'Minimize I/O Latency' enabled in the Playback Engine and, if so, does disabling it fix the problem?
Old 08-28-2011, 12:50 PM

Hello,

I have it disabled, it was never checked to my knowledge and I get the Play/Pause button issue very frequently.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM

I have also the same Play bug but I have a newer bug,
when I press F2 to start recording the recording start without the one bar count ??? if you change it to 2 bar count is the same even if you turn the countdown OFF is the same, this bug is also killing me, I have to leave one measure empty in the beginning of the song !!! please Digi the PLAY & the CLICK countdown Bugs are very important to solve, I thinks this is not acceptable, where is your internal Beta test, I start realise that Computer & Software are a big waist of time, no music anymore we became Avid buyers & debuggers this mean quantity of sales but no QUALITY at all, do you AGREE ????
Old 08-28-2011, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Can anyone experiencing this problem tell me if you have 'Minimize I/O Latency' enabled in the Playback Engine and, if so, does disabling it fix the problem?
This play/pause bug happens all the time, having nothing to do with 'minimize i/o latency." it's totally unchecked in the buffer engine box. I still have the issue. It happens every 10 minutes or so and is killing me.

OSX Lion / PT 9.0.5.
Avid, please tell me you're close to finding a fix for this.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 AM

I don't have that option in my Engine dialog. Must be a >9.0.3 thing.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 08-29-2011, 10:51 AM

having that option makes no difference. the pause/play thing is happening at random all the time. i'm constantly having to switch buffer levels to fix it...i've probably had to do it roughly 15 times this morning during one session.

the minimize latency box is unchecked.

never had this with PT8.0.5 and OSX 6.8. This all started after upgrading to PT9.0.5 and Lion 7.1