Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2014, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Considering move to PT 11

Or I could do it on the PT 10 session... come to think of it...
Still a bit work to do for all plugins in the session, but perhaps I will give it a go (on a copy

Thanks again joachim

NF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njal Frode Lie View Post
Hi joachim, and thanks for this.

Unfortunately I don't think this will work for my problem, here's more details:

I did a mix of a song for a band, in PT 10, they liked the mix and I got the mixing of the whole album.
I tried to make that PT 10 mix work in PT 11, but it doesn't.
The Space plugin (and maybe others) loose their settings as soon as I hit play, or maybe as soon as I load the session (can't remember at the moment).

Now I am almost done mixing all songs, mixed in PT 10, and still I would probably save a bit time for the mixes and updates, if I had off-line bounce.
But then I would need to have PT 11 play the mixes as PT 10 did, and not loose settings while I load it or hit play.

Still, thanks for your suggestions, as this might work if I start a new session in PT 11, and not having to be able to play a session made in PT 10.

NF
Old 05-28-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njal Frode Lie View Post
So how's your system going, joachim, no problems?
All plugins keeping their settings, and no problems with bouncing or delay compensation?
Plugins keep their settings, except minor problems with Maxim not remembering his Link-Threshold-and-Ceiling when starting playback within the automated section (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=352101)
and multi-mono-Eq unlinked not remembering their settings.
But I automate the plugin settings defaults for the whole session at the start of a mix. Any problems with "not remembering settings" are overcome by this.

I bounce by record-to-track, will always do so, no problems, but heard of offline-bounce problems.

No delay compensation problems, but I do not use VI or sampler.

Edit : if you can nail down Space as the only "bad" plugin, drawing automation in the edit window for the whole session should not be too much effort.

I use PT 11 only now. No problems (except the usual big wish list about features and corrections).
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060

Last edited by joachim; 05-28-2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Forgot what.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:56 AM

Hope to make my purchase this evening and have it downloaded and installed before bedtime. Lot's of work to move from PT 10 to 11.

Thanks for the replies :)