Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-13-2011, 10:07 PM

Default Uninstalling problems Pro tools 7 on Windows 7

(I'm French, so please excuse my bad english)

Well, i've been having problems these few days : my past pc was broken (XP SP2), so I bought a new one, running with Windows 7 Family Edition. I saddly discovered that my Pro Tools LE 7.3 (with Mbox 2) wasn't compatible with Windows 7, so I tried the windows built-in trick for compatibility issues, and I succesfully installed Pro Tools. But well, it doens't work, because of an "fatal error", so I decided to uninstall it : Impossible ! The window's program for compatibility issues doesn't work the other way, so I can't uninstall it (Protools LE 7.3 doesn't have any uninstall file). So well, I don't know what to do.

I was thinking about buying the Pro Tools LE 8 update, but I don't know if it would work, if I don't have any working version of Pro Tools on my pc (and the problem would be the same: installing a new version will be impossible without uninstalling the old one). What should I do to use Protools LE on my computer without getting so poor i'd have to sell my pc ? Is there any solution for recycling my MBox 2 ?

Thank you for any help you'd give me.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Uninstalling problems Pro tools 7 on Windows 7

So you went to Control Panel> Programs and Features, and tried to uninstall?

If not, do that.

If that doesnt work you can just delete the files installed by PT7.x then use Ccleaner to clear out the unused reg entries, BUT do not do this yet, it is an advanced process, you have to delete all the files.

Pro Tools 8.0.3 with the Beta driver is the first compatible version of PT for Windows 7, and 8.0.4 is the first approved version, and PT8.0.5 is the newest version of LE8.

You need PT8 if you want to run PT on windows 7, then update it to 8.0.5

If you have JUST installed 7.3, how about trying a system restore. Restore to a point BEFORE 7.3 was installed. Windows usually creates backups everytime new software is installed. So just type: "Restore" in the Start menu and click the System Restore icon, look for an entry that says PT7.3 will be affected.

French Translation via Google Translate:

Alors vous êtes allé sur Panneau de configuration> Programmes et fonctionnalités, et j'ai essayé de désinstaller?

Sinon, le faire.

Si cela ne marche pas, vous pouvez simplement supprimer les fichiers installés par PT7.x ensuite utiliser CCleaner pour effacer les entrées reg utilisé, mais ne faites pas cela encore, il s'agit d'un processus de pointe, vous devez supprimer tous les fichiers.

Pro Tools 8.0.3 avec le pilote Beta est la première version compatible du PT pour Windows 7 et 8.0.4 est la première version approuvée, et PT8.0.5 est la dernière version de LE8.

Vous devez PT8 si vous voulez exécuter PT sur Windows 7, puis mise à jour 8.0.5

Si vous venez d'installer 7.3, pourquoi ne pas essayer une restauration du système. Restauration à un point AVANT 7.3 a été installé. Windows crée généralement des sauvegardes à chaque nouveau logiciel est installé. Donc, il suffit de taper: "Restaurer" dans le menu Démarrer puis cliquez sur Restauration du système icône, recherchez une entrée qui dit PT7.3 seront touchés.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio