Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2014, 12:49 PM

Default Hybrid 3 - Show and Tell

Russ K from the UK gives us a preview of Hybrid 3 from the Air Instrument Expansion Pack. Does this look like its going to be great fun!

Old 01-31-2014, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Hybrid 3 - Show and Tell

Hi D

Thanks for sharing Had no idea that this was up. FINALLY I am a "wee bit" impressed with something from AIR (Besides LOOM) so hopfully this will come out soon enough before we all move on again and spend our money elsewhere like last time AIR dragged their feet on a release date

Looks promising but I know I will get reemed here when saying this but I still hear that "Old-ish" feel of the sounds. Hope that the sounds Russ tried aren't a benchmark of what H3 have to offer. All these ARP sounds are soo 2009-2010 and somgs on the charts nowadays doesn't sound like that. But I heard a few pad sounds and a few leads that might be tweeked to ones liking so looks promising as you said

Again Thank You Donald for posting

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-31-2014, 01:19 PM

Default Re: Hybrid 3 - Show and Tell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Hi D

Thanks for sharing Had no idea that this was up. FINALLY I am a "wee bit" impressed with something from AIR (Besides LOOM)
You're not impressed with Transfuser or Structure?!?!? I love both of those! Transfuser has incredible capabilities as far as I can see.

Quote:
Looks promising but I know I will get reemed here when saying this but I still hear that "Old-ish" feel of the sounds. Hope that the sounds Russ tried aren't a benchmark of what H3 have to offer. All these ARP sounds are soo 2009-2010 and somgs on the charts nowadays doesn't sound like that. But I heard a few pad sounds and a few leads that might be tweeked to ones liking so looks promising as you said

Again Thank You Donald for posting

Best Regards
Christopher
Well, I'm excited about it and will upgrade as soon as it hits the street! It so tweakable that I think one could come up with any sound you like with it. Don't forget there are multiple waveforms to choose from, not just the standard variety. Take a pre-set and change just the wave forms and yo can be off and running in a whole new direction very quickly. That's what's so cool about this VI.

Russ hedged a bit at the end as to what we current owners will have to pay (or not pay as the case may be) for the upgrade other than to say he has it good authority...meaning he's talked with the AIR brass...that current users will be "taken care of". I suspect if there is a cost, it will be nominal!