Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Win)

Old 11-20-2017, 06:57 PM

Default All I Want For Christmas Is....An Avid 004!!

Is that too much to ask
I think there are probably lots of folks like me that started on Digi/Avid hardware and as our computers have grown we've sadly outgrown our interfaces.
Flirted briefly with Cubase Pro and one of their UR interfaces....flawless integration but its just not.....Pro Tools.
I miss my 003R but feel like adding a FW card to the new machine would be a step backwards.
The 3rd party mix software and sample rate changes etc...are just messing with the creative vibe...lol.
So Santa....a 004 would be awesome...Thanks!!
Old 11-21-2017, 12:00 AM

Default Re: All I Want For Christmas Is....An Avid 004!!

It is pretty doubtful.
The 003 was 10 years ago and Avid seem to be potentially getting out of the interface business.

Personally I think even HDX is not long for this world given you can get comparable latency with other methods now.

Wouldn't be Christmas either- they'd wait for NAMM 2018 to announce.
Christmas is the time you discount the ass out of your existing product range in preparation for something new at NAMM... *cough* UAD *cough*...

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 11-22-2017, 11:10 AM

Man I wish they actually stuck with making hardware.....

Problem is they got spoiled for years....making High Priced cards and interfaces but that mostly all went away since PT9 and 3rd party io came into play..

Now it seems they realize there is no money in the Race to the bottom game.

at least that way they can focus on software issues only......

sad part about it for the user is that PT is never more stable when it runs/ran on it's own hardware.....(digidesign or Avids).
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-22-2017, 04:22 PM

Default All I Want For Christmas Is....An Avid 004!!

It took being smacked about the head enough times for Avid to finally get they cannot be in the market making low-ish end hardware. The 004 is an UAD Apollo or a Apogee Ensemble or similar. You want a control surface add a Mix or S3 or HUI surface. You can’t travel back in time and/or put the genie back in the bottle. We are overall all better off thanks to Pro Tools being more open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2017, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post

sad part about it for the user is that PT is never more stable when it runs/ran on it's own hardware.....(digidesign or Avids).
My post was tonque and cheek for the most part but I do so miss the near flawless integration of my now sidelined Digi/Avid hardware.