Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Newbie Avid/pro tools questions

I am a soon to be owner of a new avid/pro tools system. I am completely new to the avid pro tools world, but not new to sound editing. I will be purchasing the Avid express pro system w/dv tool kit running pro tools LE w/digi 03. may eventually upgrade to PT HD. What are some good educational materials available out there for understanding how these programs work together? I am also in the position of either having my computer tech friend build up a pc or just purchasing a mac. what are the pros and cons to running mac vs pc. I'm sure this is loaded and highly debatable question, but I really have no idea what would be best.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: Newbie Avid/pro tools questions

It comes down to personal preference more than anything else at the moment, in my opinion. I personally prefer to use a mac but that's due more to 1 terrible event I had on the last PC I owned.

If your friend can build you a PC to Avid/Digi compliant standards without cutting cost corners then that may be the best option for you. He'll know exactly what is going on and should be able to fix any problems that okay (outside of the mBox etc).

2cents worth

Ceri
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor