Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 12-20-2018, 10:29 PM

Default Pro Tools Upgrade plan

After spending sometime seriously looking at alternatives to PT I ended paying the yearly conscription/upgrade plan for PT 2018. Over AU$400. Thats a lot of money. Dammed if I can see that much worth of improvement. Still get that ridiculous CPU spike error! Its got nothing to do with plug ins or the OS. Avid just don't ever fix it. And I don't want the packaged plug ins. Never use them and don't want to have to pay for them. I have a load of improvements i would like to see. Is there a suggestion box? Is it only me that thinks Avid is banking on us all staying on the PT platform cause its too hard to change? Seriously i am really looking for better value than the Avid business model produces.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Upgrade plan

Thank you for upgrading and sorry to hear you are still having trouble. I didn't see a support case on your account so created one on your behalf. CS will likely need your system info and logs to help isolate the cause.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:46 PM

Ok thanks. I have sent in a reply to the help request.
Old 12-27-2018, 02:51 PM

Yesterday I was charged the 399 annual fee...only to see today several online retailers giving 80 dollar discount for the same upgrade. Called Avid to see if the discount could be given to this many year loyal customer with auto - upgrade enabled...half hour later, have to call different department...and doesn't look good...

Seems an 80 dollar discount given days before my auto renewal should perhaps be offered...? Does that seem unreasonable...?
Old 12-28-2018, 07:03 AM

Here's a Link I got from Avid re; 15% off til Dec. 31, 2018.. Hope it helps..

https://www.avid.com/special-offers/...BMOTNcL3ZrTyJ9
Old 12-28-2018, 07:59 AM

I am usually not a ranter (it's not a word I know), and yes I have had my complaints with AVID. However, I too looked ALL over the place for something better. I tried them all. Still have up to date Logic Pro on my system. I was totally frustrated with PT. I guess PT depends on what you use it for, but to be honest, for my needs there is nothing better as far as stability and work flow. I record mostly live vocals and instruments in my studio, but I do use virtual drums at times and I use midi if I need to play some keyboard parts. Bottom line here IMO:
It's the best.
It's easiest to use.
The bug fixes are WAY more important to me than new features but I'll take them as they come.
And, not to tick anyone off, if you don't like it then feel free to move on. Find something you like and use it.
I can tell when PT is stable because this forum practically dies. And for the last few months it's been pretty dead in here. Maybe it's because I look every day.
Just my $.02. No offense intended.
Old 12-28-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
Yesterday I was charged the 399 annual fee...only to see today several online retailers giving 80 dollar discount for the same upgrade. Called Avid to see if the discount could be given to this many year loyal customer with auto - upgrade enabled...half hour later, have to call different department...and doesn't look good...

Seems an 80 dollar discount given days before my auto renewal should perhaps be offered...? Does that seem unreasonable...?
I always buy my PT renewal from a retailer. It’s usually at least 20% off Avid’s price.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.