Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 AM

Default Re: AVIDs Website is the most confusing site I have ever browsed

Still no United Kingdom in the countries drop down box. Guess we don't use Avid stuff over here...
S6 M10
SSL Duality, AWS924, AWS948, Nucleus
All Mac
Old 10-06-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThosSounds View Post
Agreed it's a mess. For what it's worth, while navigating Avid's site today a survey window came up asking what I thought of the site across many questions. I vented my frustrations giving mostly 1's and a few 2's where I felt generous (on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the low end of course).

At least they seem to be looking at it?
Guess what happened to me ?

I went to avid dot com to look for some info. My patience was on a 95% of a possible 100 that day, so I thought after days of pushing it before me - I'll risk going to the avid website and trying to find my info that day (without ruining it right away due to missing but for avid.com neccessary aceptionally high patience headroom beforehand)

The survey popped up. Wow, maybe this will be my day after all.

Spend 15 minutes and about 60 clicks on the website. Didn't find what I was looking for, didn't find options to find what I was looking for, patience dropping every minute.... the usual avid dot com website nightmare. ANY other site I would have found what I was looking for (it was really simple under normal circumstances) within 2 minutes... on this one I dind't find it IT ALL (like almost every time i've been on avid's website). Whether the info exists somewhere in there... god knows.

I closed the site and the survey window came.

I filled it out. I think there was a question where I had to be honest and give it a "2". Alle the other were obvious "1"s (meaning awful) or answers like "Did you find it" -> "NO".

Finished the survey ... pressed "send it off" (or whatever it said toclick on) ... when a message came "ERROR. Sorry, we cannot transmit your survey" (or similar).

(I made a screenshot, but can't find it right now). Then I was kicked out of the site and sent to some internet-nirvana.

That's so hillarious ...but still I have to admit, looking at it the next day that it's quite funny too. This website is so poor ...that even the survey regarding it's quality and usability ....DOESN'T WORK

(Or did I check too many "1"'s ... and you can only send mainly POSITIVE surveys back.... ?

(Avid Tech Supt: this is not your fault, we all know. You are not the programmers or maintainers of the web site (at least I guess) and you help a great deal on this forum. But reg. the website... well, there was one question in the survey asking: "What could be done to improve the website ?" Well... my answer was (and is): "COMPLETE RE-LAUNCH"...
Old 10-06-2011, 06:15 PM

Okay, here's the main reason some are having such a great difficulty navigating. In order to fully understand and get around requires a Bachelor Degree in Website Navigation (or at lease an Associates Degree).
Old 10-07-2011, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDP View Post
Okay, here's the main reason some are having such a great difficulty navigating. In order to fully understand and get around requires a Bachelor Degree in Website Navigation (or at lease an Associates Degree).
That's why I can't get around there my degree is in the wrong field - I'm an EE; the web didn't exist when I was in college.

QAPLA!
Old 10-10-2011, 02:35 PM

Actually found a site that's worse than Avid's - Shadow Hills Industries - they make 'high end' audio processing hardware. To get access to the site you have to enter some weird access codes that are only available on their site. Good luck finding them. Go here:

http://www.shadowhillsindustries.com/

QAPLA!
Old 10-10-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Actually found a site that's worse than Avid's - Shadow Hills Industries - they make 'high end' audio processing hardware. To get access to the site you have to enter some weird access codes that are only available on their site. Good luck finding them. Go here:

http://www.shadowhillsindustries.com/
I agree that the site is hard to find info on...

However, at least it is made in a GREAT manor...

Type in this ENIGMA code

shd4b

quite fun actually
Old 10-10-2011, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ghosts View Post
I agree that the site is hard to find info on...

However, at least it is made in a GREAT manor...

Type in this ENIGMA code

shd4b

quite fun actually
Yes, all the codes appear to be in the book. Nice looking gear I must say
Old 10-11-2011, 06:20 AM

I thought the Shadow Hills site was pretty cool - bit of a pain in the ass if you want to quickly look at their stuff but at least its entertaining and nicely put together. Their gear looks very nice indeed, i'd like to check a few things out.