Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Default USB audio devices and P-T ?

So I have just bought a novation xiosynth as a synth and controller surface and I have a few questions !

Initially pro-tools saw the xio as a usb audio interface in the midi set up but since then has not allowed it to be designated as so ! I have also never seen anything in the i/o indicating that I can route audio via usb into P-T and nothing comes up on the i/o slection pages for routing when selecting an insert.

Firstly does pro-tools allow for usb audio devices to input audio into it this way or am I going have to stick with the old skool jacking it up into my 002 Rack ? Pro-Tools seems to let midi through usb into it from my xiosynth in case you want to know.

Also when I automate a plug how do I assign my controller rotary to it and does pro-tools support midi learn like reason ?

Also lastly why when I rewire reason into P-T how come reason allows midi to be sent into via the keys and I can trigger my synths, samplers etc but I cant assign my controller knobs to stuff in it to automate !

I look forward to hearing you help guys !

TBH I feel really stupid asking these questions as I have passed my 201 and done the 210M course (just not sat the exam yet).

p.s. I looked in my course books from the 101,110 and 201 but cant find anything to help me out

edit - I am running windows xp with SP2 on an intel quad core 2.4GHz with 2GB RAM and a digi002 Rack
Old 02-09-2008, 04:30 PM

Default Re: USB audio devices and P-T ?

Protools only recognizes audio input thru a piece of DIGI hardware so no other audio interface will work. Can't help you on questions 2&3.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-10-2008, 05:26 AM

Thanks mate appreciate it !

Forgot to say I'm running 7.4 cs2 !

Anyone else help ?
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 AM

g'day

what was the solution here? did you have to send usb novation through an edirol interface, or what?
cheers
rikttt