Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2017, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Bx_Console_E

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicious View Post
Same for me, and after years of saying I wouldn't give another dollar to waves for their treachery
I was patient for three months,
and won an eBay auction from London on a DLS server
for less than 500 bucks to run my waves as DSP.
Something to consider…
Yep there are many of their plugins that do a unique thing in a great sounding way, many of them would not be directly replaceable. Things like the H-Series, Vitamin, Brauer Motion, Maxx Volume, the Signature Series, Abbey Roads, the L3-16, Vocal/Bass Rider, Primary Source Expander, XFBK, the list goes on.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Yep there are many of their plugins that do a unique thing in a great sounding way, many of them would not be directly replaceable. Things like the H-Series, Vitamin, Brauer Motion, Maxx Volume, the Signature Series, Abbey Roads, the L3-16, Vocal/Bass Rider, Primary Source Expander, XFBK, the list goes on.
I love the Abbey Roads series and because of licensing issues you won't find those plugins anywheres else.

QAPLA!
Old 09-05-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I love the Abbey Roads series and because of licensing issues you won't find those plugins anywheres else.
The reverb is an interesting case and also uses a lot of CPU. If you compare the CPU usage with H-Reverb and the TG together, however, you get something pretty close. So my theory is that is the same type of tech they used to code the Abbey Roads Plates.

In terms of sculpting a good sound sometimes it's a little to realistic and you have to work for it. All of a sudden, though, the Abbey Roads Reverb Technique makes sense. Even the legendary Abbey Road engineers had to process the plates a certain way for them to be more usable in a mix. It's generally not the kind or reverb you can drop in and have it sounding right immediately. At the same time that's what makes it sound so authentic.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:03 AM

Sorry, guys, for being "a little late" on this topic but I did not check this out when it came out because I simply had to keep myself from buying any new plugin stuff
(owning way too many already...).

However today I looked for new SSL channel emulations for a friend and came to hear this one finally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bed996E3WfY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV6pcTnr5wM

You know, I have got em all myself already...Waves, Duende Native, IK Multimedia, Slate etc. but I really got impressed by this latest Brainworx console E vibe and sound.

Anyone else? I can't help myself but this is one of the best SSL channel emulations I've ever heard. As for both the vibe and the sound.

I always appreciated the Duende as this one was the most accurate emulation in regards to the original hardware (which I know quite well). I loved (and used) the Waves
SSLs for their real musical vibe (even if those sounded not that tight as the original hardware actually).
And I even liked the IK emulations which, believe it or not, got a certain, special SSL touch as well. Slate is a useable one too and UAD always do a really good job as well.

Anyway. If I "ever" would spend money on another SSL channel strip plugin the Brainworx console E would definitely be my choice.
And, you know, Brainworx´ Neve channel emulation was nice as well but for me personally, you know, I have heard better ones out there.

But they definitely nailed it with the SSL emulation. Pretty awesome stuff. At least to my ears and feel.

Hoping for another sale because it ain´t that cheap actually. Even more if you have got tons of SSL emulations already. Nevertheless it may be worth it finally.

Anyway. All the best to you, guys.

Cheers, everybody.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post
Sorry, guys, for being "a little late" on this topic but I did not check this out when it came out because I simply had to keep myself from buying any new plugin stuff

However today I looked for new SSL channel emulations for a friend and came to hear this one finally.

You know, I have got em all myself already...Waves, Duende Native, IK Multimedia, Slate etc. but I really got impressed by this latest Brainworx console E vibe and sound.

Anyone else? I can't help myself but this is one of the best SSL channel emulations I've ever heard. As for both the vibe and the sound.

I always appreciated the Duende as this one was the most accurate emulation in regards to the original hardware (which I know quite well). I loved (and used) the Waves
SSLs for their real musical vibe (even if those sounded not that tight as the original hardware actually).
And I even liked the IK emulations which, believe it or not, got a certain, special SSL touch as well. Slate is a useable one too and UAD always do a really good job as well.

Anyway. If I "ever" would spend money on another SSL channel strip plugin the Brainworx console E would definitely be my choice.
And, you know, Brainworx´ Neve channel emulation was nice as well but for me personally, you know, I have heard better ones out there.

But they definitely nailed it with the SSL emulation. Pretty awesome stuff. At least to my ears and feel.

Hoping for another sale because it ain´t that cheap actually. Even more if you have got tons of SSL emulations already. Nevertheless it may be worth it finally.

Cheers, everybody.
I think the TMT helps lift it that extra distance.
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 PM

There is a small plugin company named Overtone DSP who have created plugins that model the SSL compressor and EQ. Quoting from their website: "Developed by a design team including two former Solid State Logic (SSL) engineers, with detailed understanding of the original hardware." IMO they are good emulations, and they are also very cost effective.

https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/download/download_eq4000/
https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/downlo...000/index.html

I am not affiliated with them in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRW View Post

Cheers, everybody.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
There is a small plugin company named Overtone DSP who have created plugins that model the SSL compressor and EQ. Quoting from their website: "Developed by a design team including two former Solid State Logic (SSL) engineers, with detailed understanding of the original hardware." IMO they are good emulations, and they are also very cost effective.

https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/download/download_eq4000/
https://www.overtonedsp.co.uk/downlo...000/index.html

I am not affiliated with them in any way.
These would be worth it especially if one has the IK SSL channel strip emulation as it takes an inordinate amount of signal into the strip to get the compressor to react at all.

QAPLA!
Old 10-17-2017, 07:02 PM

IIRC the compressor defaults to -18db but has a switch to use higher gain input for those who record hotter levels. The call it "DAW" input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
These would be worth it especially if one has the IK SSL channel strip emulation as it takes an inordinate amount of signal into the strip to get the compressor to react at all.