Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-07-2017, 06:39 AM

Default Problem with PC & new Mix unit.

Long story short: I did a remodel in my studio that was supposed to take 2 weeks. We are finishing at week 12!!!! :x The PC has been off almost the entire time. I just fired it up to test the new displays a week ago and made a scratch recording on Thursday. Windows 10 did some kind of critical upgrade overnight and as of yesterday I have several problems.

1) Me elicense has deactivated one of my programs, BUT WON'T TELL ME WHICH ONE! It's just giving me a serial number to track down. The Nuendo license and my EWQL license all seem to be working fine. But when I launch Nuendo, it tells me that I don't have enough permissions to work properly.

2) I can't double click on ANYTHING to get it to open. I have to right click on everything too open the menu to tell it to open (very annoying!),

3) System Restore won't offer me a date before the, so called, critical Win-10 update that took place Thursday night. So, no option of normal recovery there.

4) I've gone from a 12 fader Artist Series setup to a 20 fader setup by adding a second Mix. But I can only get any 3 of the 4 devices to work. So, I can get both Mix & Control to work, but not the Transport or I can get the Transport to work with a single Mix & Control. I have purchased a new TP Link 16 port network switch, hoping that will solve the problem. But, right now, I'm more concerned about the 1st three problems mentioned.

5) Has anybody here ever had to deal with something like this? How do I get my PC back to normal? Thanks!

My Rigg: Nuendo 4 - 8.0.10 |VST Studio Connect Pro | Windows 10 Pro | Intel i7 - 5820K CPU @ 3.30 | 64-bit OS | 32GB of RAM |RME HDSPe RayDAT | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Video Card | Euphonix MC Control, 2 Mix & Transport | Xkeys | iConnectivity mi10 MIDI Interface | UAD-2 Octo Core with UAD-1 Legacy Ultra Pak | Isotope RX4 | Melodyne 3.2 | Voxengo Plugins | Real Guitar | B4 II | EZ Drummer | Drumagog 4 | Virtual Guitarist 2 | Korg, Roland, Kurzweil Synths | Apogee Big Ben | 32 Channel Panasonic DA-7 desk | Equator D5 (5.1) & Mackie 824 (St.) monitors | VS-1680 & 880 HDR's |
Old 10-09-2017, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Problem with PC & new Mix unit.

I'm on Eucon 3.6, which worked fine until this latest Win-10 OS update. ADK thinks the issue of the loss of the double click function may be traced back to that, since we turned the apps off and reinstated them one by one. When we turned Eucon back on, I lost the double click function again. Hopefully, updating to 3.6.1 will solve the issue.

Anybody here on a PC with the latest iteration of Win-10 having troubles with Eucon 3.6?
Old 10-09-2017, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Problem with PC & new Mix unit.

The results are in. Eucon 3.6 is NOT compatible with the latest version of Win-10. I had to uninstall my eLicense and update to the latest version to get that back to normal. Then I had to do the same with Eucon. I've updated to 3.6.1 & the PC seems to be back to normal as well. Just so you know.