How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2017, 07:05 PM

Default ArtistMix Connection Suddenly Stopped

Hello,

For 12 months I've been using my ArtistMix connected via Ethernet cable to my iMac, running ElCapitan, and recorded an album in ProTools 12.6 without any issues.

Now, after being away from the rig for about 6 weeks, when I try to use ArtistMix it doesn't connect properly.

The little Icon in the top of the Mac is saying that Eucon is active, and Eucon is 'checked' in that drop-down menu, but still no active connection per se.

I haven't changed any of the settings anywhere in the system, so am at a loss as to why this is so.That said, I'm not a whizz on all the finer details of Ethernet and IP addresses etc, but as I said, I've changed nothing.

All advice greatly appreciated...
OSX 10.10.5, 2.5Ghz i5, 16GB RAM | Pro Tools 12.6 | Avid Eleven Rack | Avid Artist Mix | LPX 10.2 | Genelec Monitors | Korg Kronos 61 | Alesis DM10 | DBZ & Maton & Epiphone Electric and Acoustic Guitars | N.I. Komplete 10 | Etc...
Old 09-05-2017, 08:20 PM

Default Re: ArtistMix Connection Suddenly Stopped

I had opened the EuControl Panel before my original post, and have tried it again several times, even restarting Eucon.

When I open the EuControl Panel, my ArtistMix doesn't show in the Left section. Nothing at all is present there, so I can't 'Add>" anything.
OSX 10.10.5, 2.5Ghz i5, 16GB RAM | Pro Tools 12.6 | Avid Eleven Rack | Avid Artist Mix | LPX 10.2 | Genelec Monitors | Korg Kronos 61 | Alesis DM10 | DBZ & Maton & Epiphone Electric and Acoustic Guitars | N.I. Komplete 10 | Etc...
Old 09-07-2017, 11:12 AM
Avid

Is your Mix directly connected to the computer with 1 Ethernet cable or does it go through a router ? in the Network pres on the Computer what do the settings says ? DHCP ? or a fixed address ?
Old 09-19-2017, 09:45 PM

sometimes my Artist Mix just doesn't want to connect when my computer boots up and I have to keep restarting until it connects. i'm running straight into the computer with the cable
Old 09-19-2017, 10:41 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyman View Post
sometimes my Artist Mix just doesn't want to connect when my computer boots up and I have to keep restarting until it connects. i'm running straight into the computer with the cable
These kinds of issues are typically the network not coming up quick enough, could be many things from the router/switch not booting fast enough to the Workstation not getting the network online before EuControl starts. You could try disabling EuControl auto start and manually starting it after boot.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 PM

thanks Eddie. How would I go about disabling the auto startup on eucon
Old 09-21-2017, 09:59 AM
Avid

There should be a checkbox in the EUCON Preferences, towards the bottom
Old 09-25-2017, 02:41 PM

ok thanks