Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2014, 01:42 AM

Default M-Powered 8 Fails to load Plugins

Hello,
I've recently upgraded Windows 7 Professional 32-bit to a clean install of Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit SP1. I reinstalled M-Powered 8 and all software listed below with all the latest available versions. The standalone versions of Mini Moog V and Addictive Drums run fine. However, Pro Tools does not load the plugin versions of these two products. It loads Waves Gold as expected.
The Mini Moog V and Addictive Drums plugins worked fine before the upgrade, so I know these should work. Also, I've updated the licensing for all products.

There are no error messages; and Pro Tools seems to run as expected; it's just not loading the plugins. I tried physically moving the required .dlls to the Digidesign folder, which include PROGRAM FILES and PROGRAM FILES (x86). I also tried moving them to the VSTPlugins folders. But still, nothing worked.

Arturia Tech Support tells me: "They do not fully guarantee compatibility with M-Powered 8", and suggest I run out and buy Pro Tools 9. I told them it worked before and there's no good reason it can't work now. Buying the program again is not an option.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions that anyone can offer, and I'd appreciate your patience with me if I didn't follow the forum decorum precisely with this first post. I've tried to include all information that would be helpful about my DAW below.

THANK YOU.

Asus M4N78 PRO Motherboard with latest available chipset and BIOS.
AMD Phenom 9750 Quad-Core Processor 2.40GHz
4096MB RAM Corsair DDR2 2048MB 800Mhz
Western Digital 500GB SATA Hard Drive
NVidia Geforce 8600 GT
M-Audio Audiophile 192
Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit SP1

Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.5
Mini Moog V; Waves Gold; Addictive Drums 1