Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 04-20-2020, 10:06 PM

Default Unable to reopen a synced project

Hi there!

I'm using Pro Tools first and recently tried to reopen a project that was synced in the cloud, and i get this error:

"Could not complete your request because The parameter is incorrect. (87) c:\Users\UX490U\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\9LH-Z9aSjziLlZLz05RYHa\Fkn9SS2FgLxPi_8MCM-Lhc.ptproject\Revision History\Manual Saves\0011.ptpx. "

I've also tried to unsync the cloud and I get the same error again. I'm quite frustrated as I'm afraid I've lost hours in one project that now I cannot recall.

Can you help?
Many thanks
Old 04-21-2020, 08:21 AM

Default Re: Unable to reopen a synced project

PT can't seem to locate the files in the project cache.
Are you logging into Windows as the same user? It looks like the project was last saved under Windows user UX490U

Can you open the following location in File Explorer "c:\Users\UX490U\Documents\Pro Tools\Project Cache\"

If so, do you see files there?
If you do, you may be able to recover the files from your session and copy them into a new one.

I'm not sure what happened, but it is important to make sure everything is transferred to the cloud when exiting a project, which can take a while depending on project size and upload speeds.

I don't remember if PTF has the task window, but if it does, this is a good way of making sure no sync tasks are still active before exiting PT or shutting down your PC.

System Details