Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 06:57 AM

Default Arturia Updates

Before swithing to 7 I'd like to know if someone out there has never tried new Arturia synths updates that are out from few days and that are PT7 optimized. Reading some posts in this forum I've noticed that there were some problems in PT7 with previous "no PT7 optimized" Arturia stuff.
Reports about this will be appreciated.
Old 11-26-2005, 09:44 AM

Default Re: Arturia Updates

The Arturia updates fixed the disappearing ProTools 7 problem for me. Minimoog, CS80V, Arp 2600, and Modular V work better and more CPU efficient than before. Noticable when playing multiple notes at once. Kodos to Digi and Arturia for working out the kinks in a timely manner. 3rd party plug-ins need to be removed and added in one at a time if there are problems, though. Also, some Mac tweaking may be nessesary since ver 7.0 is a little more finicky. Good luck.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:59 PM

Still loads of problems with the Arturia stuff here.

It is a little better in terms of CPU, but my old 1.25ghz G4 still suffers.

No Sound occasionally, needs a quit and restart.
No sound after switching presets occasionally, needs a quit and restart.
Freezing occasionally.
Still gets stuck if too many notes are played. (quit PT and restart).
Seriouslu sluggish behaviour all round really. (same)
it's such a massive plug, my system says no a lot.

I was hoping things would be a lot better, but i guess i need to spend a few grand on more hardware.

I have gone back to the VST versions and use them via fxpansion.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:35 PM

Quote:
The Arturia updates fixed the disappearing ProTools 7 problem for me. Minimoog, CS80V, Arp 2600, and Modular V work better and more CPU efficient than before. Noticable when playing multiple notes at once. Kodos to Digi and Arturia for working out the kinks in a timely manner. 3rd party plug-ins need to be removed and added in one at a time if there are problems, though. Also, some Mac tweaking may be nessesary since ver 7.0 is a little more finicky. Good luck.
I'm with you Tom Ptacek, not a problem. Have you noticed that the AUX track will clip now (that's if your still using the AUX/MIDI setup) using Modular V.

filosofem

Old 11-26-2005, 09:57 PM

No, I couldn't get Modular V to clip using midi/aux, but why not use an instument track and put on a limiter after it. I did put all four arturia plugs on at once and record to all of them with no problems on record or playback. That would have been impossible before. I did have to set the buffer from 256 to 512 though or I get the playback error.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:42 PM

Tom Ptacek

Quote:
I did put all four arturia plugs on at once and record to all of them with no problems on record or playback. That would have been impossible before.
Yes, very impressive, this definitely would be a impossibility before. I can even play some of those more CPU intensive sounds.

The Power to Create.

filosofem

Old 11-27-2005, 05:12 AM

UPDATE.

(I'm jealous of the posts not experiencing any problems.)

1. RTAS. on sessions where i've managed to get 1 instance of an Arturia plug in working, after quitting and restarting, that session will not play due to CPU overload.
2. RTAS. On sessions where i've managed to get 1 instance of an Arturia plug in not working, trying to deselect the plug in results in a system hang.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Tom Ptacek

Quote:
I did put all four arturia plugs on at once and record to all of them with no problems on record or playback. That would have been impossible before.
Yes, very impressive, this definitely would be a impossibility before. I can even play some of those more CPU intensive sounds.

The Power to Create.

filosofem

Reading the replays of this post, it seems that you are "problems-free" with new Arturia updates. Can you describe the setup you're using?

Although I'm still on 6.9.2 I've already installed new updates and the same bugs are still there.
Expecially the Minimoog can't save properly a sound patch in a session. By saving, closing an reopen a session the patch is saved but the sound is different, I have to switch to pre/next sound and back to the patch I want.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:20 PM

My setup is:

G4 dual 1.8 upgrade (gigadesigns) w digi 002r 1.25 GB ram
ProTools 7.0 Maxtor IDE Hard Drives for data
Control 24 w Neve portico mic pres
UAD-1 card Apple Nvidia 128 MB ti video card
MOTU Midi Timepiece

I was able to save a custom patch with the Minimoog inside the plug-in and have it come back properly on session open whereas if I save it in the digi wrapper it resets to default upom reopening. Maybe it will work right when you go to PT7. I think the new updates were specifically written for the PT7 plug-in optimization. I just recently installed the Dual CPU upgrade which isn't supported by Digidesign but did it anyway for the increased performance in ProTools 7. I am trying to wait out for the next wave of mac/intel CPU machines. The only problems I am now having with PT7 is that I have to keep the buffer at 512 instead of 256 (hopefully this will be fixed on the next update), and some 3rd party plug-ins cause problems. Specifically for me the Lexicon MX200 VST wrapped control plug-in. Every thing is fine as long as I keep it out of the plug-in folder. It's not a real problem since it can still be controlled manually for now.
Old 11-27-2005, 05:53 PM

innesireinar

Quote:
Reading the replays of this post, it seems that you are "problems-free" with new Arturia updates. Can you describe the setup you're using?
Your going to hate me, I only poked my nose in to give a brief reply to Tom. I think I might f**k off to the Windows forum now.

Sorry Guy's

filosofem