Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 05-02-2013, 12:44 AM

Default LE (CPTK) Plugins (A friendly reminder to Avid)

Can I please ask Avid to consider the options on the Smack!LE, Structure LE & Eleven LE plug ins that a lot of people bought as a part of the CPTK1 purchase.

Currently, the new AAX iLok licenses do not authorise the LE versions of the aforementioned plug ins.

With all the furor over the discontinuation of the CPTK, as a part of any revamped CPTK upgrade options can I please ask Avid to address the future of the LE range of plug ins at the same time.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 05-02-2013, 12:46 AM

Default Re: LE (CPTK) Plugins (A friendly reminder to Avid)

This question has already been escalated to Avid and they do know about people being willing to pay for LE to full version upgrades. Just sit tight and wait...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:48 AM

It was just a friendly reminder - just making sure that in all the CPTK furor it doesn't get forgotten about. :)

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 AM

Adding TL Space Native to this list.

And it's not just about people being willing to pay to upgrade their LE version licences to full licence versions.

Avid has previously said that AAX updates to the LE versions are coming.

AAX updates for all the 'Producer Factory' type plugins are already done, e.g. Bomb Factory, Fairchild, Joe Meek, Moogerfooger, Pultec, Tel-Ray and Voce products.

A word from Avid as to the timescales for finishing off the AAX porting would be useful. If Avid has decided not to port these 'LE' plugins then an upgrade path ought to be provided, of course, but my understanding is that Avid IS porting the LE versions.

TL Space is my biggest plugin concern, I use it in everything I do.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-02-2013, 02:46 AM

Smack and TL Space here too ... and TL Space (or 'Space' now apparently) could probably do with a GUI update.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:56 AM

It's funny how long it takes Avid to deal with these minor issues. Is anyone home?
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Lang View Post
It's funny how long it takes Avid to deal with these minor issues. Is anyone home?
It's far from minor issue. Someone must make a decision here and it takes some time in a big company. But as I said in post two, this question has been escalated to Avid and they are well aware that there are plenty of LE plugin customers waiting for an answer.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
This question has already been escalated to Avid and they do know about people being willing to pay for LE to full version upgrades. Just sit tight and wait...
"LE to Full version" is a pretty misleading way to put it. Those plugins are identical to their AAX versions, it's not like comparing "Eleven Free" to "Eleven". It was a very ugly move from Avid to exclude those licenses from the AAX versions.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''
Old 05-02-2013, 05:01 PM

Eleven LE is not the same as Eleven, just as Smack LE is not the same as Smack, and TL Space Native is not the same as TL Space.

Avid have ported the 'full' versions to AAX, but haven't ported the LE versions as yet.

I have read that the LE versions are being ported, but the comments are by people who may themselves just be speculating. I haven't seen anything directly from Avid saying they are, or are not, porting the LE versions to AAX.

But seeing as all the rest of the Avid plugin line up either has been ported already, or is being ported, it seems likely that these will eventually see the light of day.

They've ported the full versions, so most of the donkey work is done. I guess these are just in the queue somewhere.

It would be nice to have an official comment though to confirm this, and to give some idea of the release timeframe.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 05-02-2013, 09:54 PM

Here's an example of why good communication matters - a pre-release discount of Euro 50 for a new convolution reverb (I guess many TL Space users would be looking for IR file compatibility if they decided to go for another product - no idea for this however):

http://hofa-plugins.de/pages/start_e...erb-pre_en.php

Where there are direct competitive or commercial reasons for secrecy, I'm sure we can understand this ... but I don't see why Avid just cannot tell us at least 'if' these will be ported to AAX, not 'when'.