How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Additional Resources

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 05-24-2017, 07:30 AM

Default East-West and Fishman Release Triple Play Midi Guitar Series

http://www.soundsonline.com/midi-guitar-series

Video...http://media.soundsonline.com/video/mgs-trailer.mp4

AMAZING!! Been waiting 20 years for this! Promo price of $149 each. That said IMO, you are crazy to just outright BUY these 5 modules at an upfront cost of $745. I opted to go with a Month-To-Month Composer Cloud subscription at $30. You get those 5 modules and ALL THE OTHER EW plugins as well. Manage your cash folks...at $30 per month it will take over 2 YEARS for you to spend that $745, you get all the other EW stuff, updates to all of them plus NEW products released over that time. You can also turn ON/OFF the monthly billing so you pay as you need them. Bear in mind I have a 300MB/sec. Net connection so I used a spare 3TB HD to download everything...845GB...took about 24 hours to bring everything down but the pic attached shows you what you get. Current Composer Cloud subscribers can download them now for free...all you need is a Triple Play. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

KeyShield HD, AxeShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove & AxeCap

Win 10 Pro, PT 12.8, Dell Precision T5500, Dual Processors (12 Cores), 72GB RAM, 2@480GB SSD, 2@2TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB HDMI Card, Vizio 39" TV as Monitor, Presonus AudioBox USB Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Fishman Triple Play, AIR Music & East West Plugins, 7 Guitars...an AMAZING wife and a Boxer named "Bandit". :)
Old 06-14-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Re: East-West and Fishman Release Triple Play Midi Guitar Series

I am really interested in this.

However, Fishman's web site indicates that, as of June 12, 2017, the Triple Play Plugin 1.4.106 does not work with Pro Tools 12 on Windows.

http://tripletalk.fishman.com/

Is that your experience? How limiting is this? What are the implications?

Can one still use the device to control and input MIDI data through other virtual instruments (e.g. AIR, Spectrasonics, Komplete) in a Pro Tools 12 session on Windows?
Pro Tools HD Native 12.7.0 | HD Omni | Windows 10 Pro 64 | ASUS P9X79 | Intel i7 3930K | Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB CMZ16GX3M4X1866C9 | Corsair TX 750 M PSU | NVIDIA Quadro K600 | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB, 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2TB, 2TB | ASUS PB287Q 4K Display via Display Port @ 3840 x 2160 | Artist Control V2 w/ Eucon 3.3.2
Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM

I can confirm that the plugin does not work with PT12. BUT....you can still use the pickup with PT12 and play other VIs, just not the TriplePlay VI.

I love the Fishman for nailing some piano parts that I just can't play on a piano. And its fun to mess with Horns while playing the guitar.

Pro Tools HD 12.6.1 | HD Native PCIe | HD I/O | 2 x Digi 192 | 2010 Mac Pro 12 Core 3.46ghz | Yosemite 10.10.5 | 48 gigs RAM | Tascam DM3200 | Crane Song Avocet II | Antelope Isochrone OCX | Universal Audio Quad & Duo | Waves Mercury + Studio Classics v9.6 & Abbey Road Collection | V-Control Pro
Pro Tools HD2 8 | 2 x PCIe Core Card | Digi 192 | 2009 Mac Pro Eight Core 2.26ghz
Old 06-14-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29CountsNY View Post
I can confirm that the plugin does not work with PT12. BUT....you can still use the pickup with PT12 and play other VIs, just not the TriplePlay VI.

I love the Fishman for nailing some piano parts that I just can't play on a piano. And its fun to mess with Horns while playing the guitar.
Release notes state it is a PT SW issue UNDER Win 10 mainly because of the way Avid coded the USB for iLok as the TP uses a dongle for wireless comms. To use the TP under PT12 use the EW "PLAY" app...works great and make sure your TP has the latest Firmware update as its tweeked for EW.

If you are running a Mac then I will just go away now. :)

www.LightWingStudios.com

Musical Instrument Protection Accessories...Made In America.

KeyShield HD, AxeShield HD, AxeSak, AxeGlove & AxeCap

Win 10 Pro, PT 12.8, Dell Precision T5500, Dual Processors (12 Cores), 72GB RAM, 2@480GB SSD, 2@2TB HDs, Nvidia 2GB HDMI Card, Vizio 39" TV as Monitor, Presonus AudioBox USB Interface, Mackie HR-828 Monitors, Fishman Triple Play, AIR Music & East West Plugins, 7 Guitars...an AMAZING wife and a Boxer named "Bandit". :)
Old 06-14-2017, 07:25 PM

You also NEED to buy the midi unit at $399 aswell right?

South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
SOUTHSIDEPUB

#ninjakittenshatecrunchyleaves
Old 06-15-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You also NEED to buy the midi unit at $399 aswell right?
Yes.

I would want to be able to demo the hardware first to see how good the tracking really is. All I've seen in demos is relatively legato playing; give me some Yngwie Malmsteen action