Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 07-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Default Anyone figured out how to get Soundminer to run?

Anyone figured out how to get Soundminer to run? It's supposed to be able to run in 10.13.4 but my Soundminer HD+ just crashes when I try to run it.
OS High Sierra is just supposed to warn you once that the end is coming, but then it is supposed to go ahead and run. Mine won't. I've sent crash report after crash report to Soundminer support, but they don't seem interested in helping me get it running. I'm hoping someone else has figured out a way to keep it running since it's supposed to be running, though on borrowed time.
Soundminer has given up their community forum. I guess too many people had problems they couldn't address. I'm certainly one of them. I'm trying hard to find a replacement program that will interact with ProTools like Soundminer used to. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Audioeditor
Old 07-10-2018, 01:42 PM

Question Re: Anyone figured out how to get Soundminer to run?

Have you considered paying Soundminer for support? The forum was always unsupported in the sense that they checked in on it when they felt like it and always conveyed that if you wanted faster or official support that you would have to pay for it.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:56 AM

Default Re: Anyone figured out how to get Soundminer to run?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Garman View Post
Anyone figured out how to get Soundminer to run? It's supposed to be able to run in 10.13.4 but my Soundminer HD+ just crashes when I try to run it.
OS High Sierra is just supposed to warn you once that the end is coming, but then it is supposed to go ahead and run. Mine won't. I've sent crash report after crash report to Soundminer support, but they don't seem interested in helping me get it running. I'm hoping someone else has figured out a way to keep it running since it's supposed to be running, though on borrowed time.
Soundminer has given up their community forum. I guess too many people had problems they couldn't address. I'm certainly one of them. I'm trying hard to find a replacement program that will interact with ProTools like Soundminer used to. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Audioeditor
What version of SM are you running? I'm on 4.5v295 on 10.13.3 and all is well. Basehead is one I see others using.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:59 AM

Default Re: Anyone figured out how to get Soundminer to run?

Hi
I am on SM V4.5v279 on Mac OS 10.13.5 and it only gave me the 32 bit warning once - everything seems to work the way I expect it to - and I did some intensive work on SM since upgrading to 10.13.5.

Have you tried to remove the last database that you used from the application support folder and try to restart SM? This worked for me when I had this issue once - but it did mean the database was corrupted

I have looked at the alternatives - but Soundminer has become a tool formed to my hand and it will be hard to use anything else. I have also had good response from Steven whenever I had an issue.

Send Steven an email:
[email protected]

Edit -I missed the HD+ bit. I am also running HD+ but I am nit sure which version - but it would be the latest - on a system 10.13.3 with no issue - maybe it is 10.13.4 that is giving the problem?
Mac 16 Core 7,1 -Os 10.15.7 - 96 gb Ram - Pro Tools 2022.6 Ultimate in 5 suites - MTRX Studio -S6 26-5-D - Sync HD - Video Satelite (Symphony 2022.5, AJA Kona 3g) Pro Protools 2022.6 Vanilla in 21 x Recording and Edit suites. Mac 6,1 Mac Mini, Mac Mini M1, Mac Studio Pro, Mac Studio Max
Mediacomposer 2021.12 on AJA Kona 3g / XT I/O x 3 suites. Multiple Avid S1, S3 & Docks