Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 10-03-2016, 11:58 AM

Default Re: S3L Plugin count

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Avid

Thing is, legally I can't tell you anything that actually says what we're doing, when we're doing it, and that anything is or isn't for sure happening. I can imply, but that's about it.

The difference between Avid being an American company, and every other major console company being abroad, is that we have a ton of strict laws about announcing products and statements online, that are simply not international law. Outside of the US a company can say "we're making an update that makes all of your consoles ten times more powerful" and never release it, and not be held liable for that claim.

In fact I'm SURE I've skirted that line too many times by trying to answer the questions you guys ask... It would be in my best interest to never answer those, and instead just keep working on improving our products. But like you said, no one likes being in the dark, so I don't like keeping anyone there.

Feel free to find all of my pro S3L statements via my posts, there are a TON of them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
Ryan: it is not about the amount or the timing of updates, it's all about communication.
In the world we live in today telling close to nothing like avid does compares to ignoring the customer and not supporting the customer.

It's about a feeling there is that could easily be changed with a statement pro S3L.

It could have been as simple as saying last year after the update: "dear customer, thanks for your purchase, due to limited resources and our planned release of the S6 there will be a short break in updates for the s3L.
As soon as the new system is out we will continue the development of your system."

Just as the statement you just made about AVB

Thanks for that :)

ryan.john@avid.com
Old 10-04-2016, 11:24 AM

Thanks Ryan for the renewed confirmation

I am aware of your restrictions, it can be time consuming to legally avoid these in a creative manner

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post
Thing is, legally I can't tell you anything that actually says what we're doing, when we're doing it, and that anything is or isn't for sure happening. I can imply, but that's about it.

The difference between Avid being an American company, and every other major console company being abroad, is that we have a ton of strict laws about announcing products and statements online, that are simply not international law. Outside of the US a company can say "we're making an update that makes all of your consoles ten times more powerful" and never release it, and not be held liable for that claim.

In fact I'm SURE I've skirted that line too many times by trying to answer the questions you guys ask... It would be in my best interest to never answer those, and instead just keep working on improving our products. But like you said, no one likes being in the dark, so I don't like keeping anyone there.

Feel free to find all of my pro S3L statements via my posts, there are a TON of them...

OK . but you can tell when we have upgrade in 2017 or 2018 ?

Give us all DSP and we can choose I'm want work at 48Khz and have more DSP or I'm work in 96Khz and have 4 DSP.

I heard You have some the mathematical problem with this . What mathematical problem if this DSP card work in S6L why can't work on S3L?
the problem is economic but really I'm don't buy S6L because is to big and to have for me and band. And really This is a mixer for small venue.

best
Marcin
Old 10-06-2016, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ View Post

I fully understand this. No problem. There are, however, other ways of telling us you're not dropping it. Avid could, for instance, once in a while display the S3L while also showing off the S6L. There could be, once in a while, a tweet with a user story. It could be displayed and talked about during AES for instance. There could be made a webinar or something telling us Avid is still having faith in this console, still wanting to show it off. There has been no such thing AT ALL since the S6L was released. It would, however, assure us that you won't drop it soon. There, better advice than your entire communications department give you. All for free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-06-2016, 09:24 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLD View Post
I fully understand this. No problem. There are, however, other ways of telling us you're not dropping it. Avid could, for instance, once in a while display the S3L while also showing off the S6L.
Almost every trade show has both right next to one another. PLS, IBC, NAMM, AES, InfoCOMM

Quote:
There could be, once in a while, a tweet with a user story.
I could link to them all?
"Frank Trzaskowski (FOH) and Mark Harvey (mons) mixing @TedNugent on dual S3L-X systems"
"Finnish @NightwishBand used 2 #VENUE | S3L-X systems to mix their current world tour."
"Interview with Kimmo Ahola about taking dual S3L-X's on tour with Nightwish"
"Sunrise Avenue toured Europe w/a 35-piece orchestra using dual S6L's and an S3L-X"
Bunch of blog posts too, I'm sure I could find more, but as I'm sure you can imagine, it's slightly more valuable to show acceptance and instruction on the new desk.

Quote:
It could be displayed and talked about during AES for instance.
This year's AES I gave my S3L-X to SKNote and it was shown at their booth with a bunch of awesome new plugins that they've created.

Quote:
There could be made a webinar or something telling us Avid is still having faith in this console, still wanting to show it off. There has been no such thing AT ALL since the S6L was released. It would, however, assure us that you won't drop it soon. There, better advice than your entire communications department give you. All for free.
Right now one guy makes all of our videos, he also does demos, and mixes live shows, and provides support, and assists sales. If he can make time, I'd happily tell him to go for it.

ryan.john@avid.com
Old 10-06-2016, 09:26 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matysiak.m.d View Post
OK . but you can tell when we have upgrade in 2017 or 2018 ?
No, refer to my above post, I cannot

Quote:
Give us all DSP and we can choose I'm want work at 48Khz and have more DSP or I'm work in 96Khz and have 4 DSP.

I heard You have some the mathematical problem with this . What mathematical problem if this DSP card work in S6L why can't work on S3L?
the problem is economic but really I'm don't buy S6L because is to big and to have for me and band. And really This is a mixer for small venue.
Not sure what 'mathematical problem' you mean, but S6L and S3L may use the same DSP chip on HDX cards, but the architecture of the entire rest of the system is VERY different.

ryan.john@avid.com
Old 10-14-2016, 01:14 PM

Hi
Ok im know that is two deffrent desk ( S3L and S6L) but im can't understend where is problem . If The softwear in from Venue ( profile) there Can see only 12 DSP ok that is information for me. Im cannot understand why You dont talk about that. Next is why You dont give us choose number of channel we need ( like is in venue 3.1) to have more DSP for plugins. ( 32 Channels , 8-aux , 8 eq no returns )

What is way to link audio groups ? I'm use in my show file 3 mic's for kick and sent to groups 1 , snare top , bottom and send to groups2 , but toms must send to groups 3and 4 as stereo .... now I'm must use all groups as stereo and I'm lost my DSP for stereo plugins to kick or snare and bass . If You give us link as matrix or aux that will be perfect .
Old 10-16-2016, 02:10 PM

TOTALLY AGREE, when running it for Monitors as well as FOH , it is totally crippled for dsp.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:24 AM

Agree. Also, masters, encoders top right - if the stereos could be represented by ONE encoder, you could have 8 stereo AUX masters there, eliminating a lot of scrolling. The stereo channel inputs are sweet, I´d love to have the same for outputs.