Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 AM

Default backed up sessions will not load unix execuatble

backed up sessions will not load unix execuatble file.

I back up some old session on a Lacie firewire hard drive. I was trying to load them and there is a wierd icon that will not open. All the audio files seem to be there but they all have that same wierd icon. If i get info on the file it says they are Unix executable files. What is that? and how can i get them back to Audio and protools files.

Thanks Ian
dual 867/002r
Old 11-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Avid

Default Re: backed up sessions will not load unix execuatble

From Answerbase 29295:

This more than likely has something to do the with formatting of the drive that was used for the audio and Pro Tools sessions. Unless a file name has an extension at the end of the name to identify the type of file, these files become orphaned from their creator applications on Windows file sharing (or a Unix or DOS formatted drive). These undescribed files are generically labeled "unix executable file".

Most likely the drive was formatted MS-DOS or PC Exchange. You can try copying the files to a Mac formatted drive and adding on their proper extensions (.pts, .wav, .aif, etc.), which may allow you to open them.