Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-24-2013, 05:41 PM

Default AAX info from Slate

This email just arrived:

Thank You For Another Terrific Year!!
Dear Valued Slate Customer,

I have the greatest job in the world. And that job, of course, is making tools that help you make your art. It's a beautiful thing and I don't take it for granted.

In the past year, my 'customer music' folder has grown by over a thousand songs, and I must say, we have some very talented customers!! Thank you so much for the honor of sharing your music with me. It means a lot.

Let me say that you are not just a faceless customer to us.. when you buy a product from Slate, that means that you have trusted us to provide the absolute best products, support, and service. I continue to enhance our support team and development team, so that you can have the utmost confidence when buying a Slate product. We are committed to you, and will continue to listen to you, learn from you, and improve.

Many of you are disappointed in the slow execution of our Pro Tools AAX 64bit plugins. I cannot tell you how sorry I am that you may feel let down, and I apologize from the heart. Fabrice and I have hired several new talented developers last month whose sole job is to speed up the legacy porting of VTM, VCC, FG-X, and on the Slate Drums Team, SSD4.

Here are my current estimates on AAX releases:
VTM is January 20th.
SSD4 is early January... it is in internal beta right now and it is going to public beta next week.
VCC will be mid February
FG-X is being completely rewritten and recoded. It will have an even better algorithm that will be more effortless to get results, easier to use, and it will do its job better. It will be a free update for all users. I plan to have it by early March, and I assure you it will be amazing. I know many of you will be upset about this delay, but please note that I am still actively hiring new developers to help speed it up, so there is a chance it can come sooner. It is an extremely complex code structure and unfortunately, it takes a lot of advanced code knowledge to do it properly.

Let me also be clear about something: New Product releases do NOT interfere with legacy product porting. We have a dedicated team who is working on the legacy ports while Fabrice and I work on the new products such as Virtual Mix Rack. Coding new products directly into the 64bit framework is a lot easier than recoding older products into the framework.

Well, now that we've gotten the elephant out of the room, I want to thank you again for being part of the Slate Family. I wish you and your family an amazing holiday with lots of love... and music!

Cheers,
Steven Slate
You can email me at [email protected]
I'm a bit behind... ok way behind.. but will try to catch up over the next week as I have a few days off! :)

8331 Lookout Mountain Ave | Los Angeles, CA 90046
www.slatedigital.com
Sales and Support: (323) 656-2050
www.slatedigital.com/support