Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > Buy & Sell

Old 02-01-2021, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Value of "Used" Ultimate License?

Reinstatements are for Pro Tools HD9 - and any subsequent version, all the way up to Ultimate
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 02-01-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
But again I would NEVER buy any software from any Ebay seller ever.

But to each their own and maybe he is a great seller but wouldn’t risk it if I needed assistance etc from Avid.

There are Sellers and there are Shysters – it’s pretty easy to discern.

Look for an eBay Seller with lots of Sales and 100% eBay Feedback from satisfied customers.

Another DUC Member has already vouched for this Seller.

Although Sellers using PayPal complain about PayPal’s high fees, Buyers using PayPal get a Refund if what they receive is not what was advertised – or if it’s broken, or just simply does not arrive.
Refunds can take 2 to 3 months while PayPal chases the Seller, but, as I’ve said before, the wait is certainly “better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick”!
Buyer pays return Postage – but, in this case, there is no postage, as all you’re buying is a Code that you get by email.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nstatement-faq
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from a reseller the code does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. (Important to note that the clock on your Software Updates and Support Plan starts when you redeem the code in my.avid.com/products/redemption.) Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions after we discontinue selling them.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!

Last edited by unkJE; 02-01-2021 at 05:42 AM. Reason: “better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick”!
Old 03-07-2021, 05:57 AM

How much for ultimate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
That's complete nonsense. You can still find reinstatements around €600. A new license is around €2500.
How does paying €2500 make any sense at all?

For $63.99/month (that's $768/year) I get:

- Always the latest version of Ultimate
- Full priority support plan (whatever that means)
- All of Avid/AiR plugins
- HEAT

Seriously. What's the parameter to say how much a "permanent" license that doesn't have access to the latest version for more than a year is worth, when a subscription gives you all of that and more? And don't forget I'm paying monthly, not having to put such an amount out of my pocket at once.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Pro Tools Ultimate (perpetual with active updates/support plan)
RME Fireface 802, Focusrite Clarett+ Octopre, Eleven Rack (ERXP)
Monitors: Yamaha MSP7 and Yamaha HS8S
Asus RoG Maximus Hero Z790 (in a 4U slidable rack mount! )
Intel Core i9-13900k 5.4 Ghz (16 cores / 32 threads)
128 GB RAM G.Skill DDR5 6000 MHz (4 modules 32GB each)
Boot disk: Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB
Media disks: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2TB in RAID 0 for current work, 2 x Seagate Exos X20 20TB mirrored for archive and backup
Video: PNY/Nvidia RTX 3080 TI with a single 4K display Dell U3223QE 32''
Old 03-08-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unkJE View Post
There are Sellers and there are Shysters – it’s pretty easy to discern.

Look for an eBay Seller with lots of Sales and 100% eBay Feedback from satisfied customers.

Another DUC Member has already vouched for this Seller.

Although Sellers using PayPal complain about PayPal’s high fees, Buyers using PayPal get a Refund if what they receive is not what was advertised – or if it’s broken, or just simply does not arrive.
Refunds can take 2 to 3 months while PayPal chases the Seller, but, as I’ve said before, the wait is certainly “better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick”!
Buyer pays return Postage – but, in this case, there is no postage, as all you’re buying is a Code that you get by email.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nstatement-faq
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from a reseller the code does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. (Important to note that the clock on your Software Updates and Support Plan starts when you redeem the code in my.avid.com/products/redemption.) Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions after we discontinue selling them.
I just purchased a reinstatement from this seller. I received it within minutes and it is in my Avid account with a full year of support. I applied it to an HD 9. Don't waste any time waiting. This guy is legit.