Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 and OMF 2

Are these OMFs coming embedded with the audio? If so, have the editor(s) download Automatic Duck and have the OMF where the audio is saved to a separate folder. Just a thought.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 AM

The OMF is an embedded OMF exported straight from Final Cut Pro 7. Unlike Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut 7 includes an OMF export option as standard, so there's no need for Automatic Duck.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:43 AM

Its on Ideascale now. Its definitely a bug.

Please vote.

http://protools.ideascale.com/a/dtd/...en/110150-3779
Old 07-22-2013, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the heads-up, this will definitely keep me from buying 11 until this is fixed!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Maunder View Post
The OMF is an embedded OMF exported straight from Final Cut Pro 7. Unlike Final Cut Pro X, Final Cut 7 includes an OMF export option as standard, so there's no need for Automatic Duck.
Yeah, that's my point, try an OMF that is not embedded. Which brings us to the next question, has anyone on PT 11 used with success an OMF from Automatic Duck?
Old 09-09-2013, 12:21 PM

I have made a big test today with OMF and AAF-files exported with all the different settings available in both Final Cut Pro 6 and Premiere Pro CS6. I found that PT 11 can't import anything exported from Automatic duck except for AAF with embed audio. When trying to import AAF with separate audio Pro Tools hangs, importing OMF makes every audio-files name -file location unknown- and it's impossible to relink the files. I got the error message stated above once and a think it has something to do with the number of tracks or regions on the OMF.

AAF from Premiere Pro doesn't work at all either in PT11 or PT 10. Trying to import OMF files I got the same problem as OMF files from Automatic duck.

OMF files exported directly from Final Cut without Automatid duck did in fact work as aspected.

Pro Tools 10 could import every file but with different results. I found that i got best result with OMF files with separate audio.

But I have not found any way to get metadata like scene, take, track name and so on exported from any application except for Avid Media Composer. Also, Premiere Pro exports every mono tracks as a split stereo track.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM

My Experiences differ from yours - Avid MediaComposer works fine for me as I am only using it with exporting AAF with separate files) but for as for
Final Cut 7:

"OMF files exported directly from Final Cut without Automatid duck did in fact work as aspected."
--I found this only worked for really short form stuff, less than 2 minutes and not dense audio. Any sequence of 24 minute shoew will not import - ever!

"When trying to import AAF with separate audio Pro Tools hangs"
--This is the only setting that works flawless on this side (Using Automatic Duck)

Cheers
Stef
Old 09-09-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Maunder View Post
Except if the sequence is longer than 2 minutes or so - that option does not work in Protools 11 for 90% of the time. And it is repeatable, if the embedded omf does not open it never will. So then you have to go back to 10.3.6, import the embedded omf and open that session in Protools 11 again. Waste of time.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
All I need is a confirmation that they know the bug is there and they are fixing it ...
Has there been any official or non-official word about OMF problems in 11? Can't import anything from FCP7, embedded OMF2. I'm just getting that 'Bento container error' . Sometimes I can import small part of OMF data with error log like this:
----
OMF Parsing Errors
Internal error! Missing reference property or value in container "/Users/work/Downloads/EA Kerminen raidat 1-6.omf"While reading obj ref array;continuing
Track 1<09:59:55:00>Internal error! Missing reference property or value in container "/Users/work/Downloads/EA Kerminen raidat 1-6.omf"While reading obj ref array;continuing
Track 2<09:59:55:00>Internal error! Missing reference property or value in container "/Users/work/Downloads/EA Kerminen raidat 1-6.omf"While reading obj ref array;continuing
Track 3<09:59:55:00>Internal error! Missing reference property or value in container "/Users/work/Downloads/EA Kerminen raidat 1-6.omf"While reading obj ref array;continuing
Track 4<09:59:55:00>Internal error! Missing reference property or value in container "/Users/work/Downloads/EA Kerminen raidat 1-6.omf"While reading obj ref array;continuing
Track 5<09:59:55:00>Internal error! Missing reference property or value in container "/Users/work/Downloads/EA Kerminen raidat 1-6.omf"While reading obj ref array;continuing
---

All those OMF files I have received are working fine with 10.3.7
Old 09-15-2013, 02:38 AM

11.0.2 didn't fix OMF problems.