Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2015, 09:05 AM

Default Accessing relink window from within Pro Tools

You know, this has been driving me slightly batty for the last year or so (ever since I moved to 11). In the good old days, if files were missing from an open session, you could always get to the relink window by going to the workspace browser and selecting relink offline in the browser’s mini-menu. AFAICT, this is no longer an option. i see no way to get to the relink window without closing and re-opening the session.

The manual says I can select the item to relink in the Workspace Browser and then choose “Relink Offline” from the browser menu, but I don’t see this option anywhere.

Am I just missing something obvious, or has this feature gone missing/broken?

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 01-20-2015, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Accessing relink window from within Pro Tools

In the workspace browser, when you click on the advanced search button (3 horizontal lines, after clicking/enabling with blue background), do the offline files now show up ?
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 01-20-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
In the workspace browser, when you click on the advanced search button (3 horizontal lines, after clicking/enabling with blue background), do the offline files now show up ?
I think you misunderstand; It's not a matter of the files showing up; I can see them and see that they're offline. I can't find a way to open the relink window without closing and re-opening the session. This is very inconvenient.

best,
rich

Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Old 01-20-2015, 01:16 PM

Ah, mixed that up with a problem I had, where the offline clip was showing in the session/cliplist, but NOT in the workspace.

A right-click on any audio file in the workspace gives me the option to "relink offline"; subsequently the relink window pops up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot.jpg (29.8 KB, 0 views)
Win7 64bit Professional , i7 3930 Hexcore , 48GB Ram , SSD System + SSD PT Session/Audio + SSD Video (all Samsung 840 Evo) + Spinner 1TB Data , 2x Radeon HD 5450 \\ SD 633 Femto MKH8060 MKH8070 MKH30/MKH40 DPA4060
Old 01-20-2015, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joachim View Post
...A right-click on any audio file in the workspace gives me the option to "relink offline"; subsequently the relink window pops up.
OK! I see what's going on; For some reason "Control-Click" does not access "right-click" functions ONLY in the session browser window. All of my input devices are set up without a true "right-click" because I switch between left and right hands frequently. I always just use Control-Click to access right-click functions which works in every other app and every other window in ProTools, but for some reason does *not* work in the Session Browser. I don't know what you're supposed to do if you're on a machine that doesn't have an actual right-click (like a trackpad on a Macbook Air).

This seems like it may be a bug, but at least I can now access relink by enabling an unused button to emulate right-click.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

best,
rich