Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2011, 05:13 PM

Default 11 ipad/iphone app

I know it's not out there. But would love to see one. Even a free one with only 2 cabs amps and mics. IT would kill the other amp sims out there. I'm sure there is some reason avid hasn't done this?

Hell, i'm a software engineer, I'll do it for an HD system and we'll call it even
Old 05-08-2011, 05:52 PM

Default Re: 11 ipad/iphone app

make sure to post it on idea scale then, as directed by this thread

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=279735

I think it already may be up there, i know someone has at least asked for it on the DUC before

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 AM

Although I have nothing against it per say, I personally have difficulty seeing this as anything more than a gadget. Sure, it might be nice to fool around with the touchscreen UI and all, but an iPad will never be a computer. Even working on a Laptop bums me out because of the limited screen real-estate.
I wouldn't spend money on that myself, but if it gets released, it might increase mindshare so that's a good thing I guess.
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
Although I have nothing against it per say, I personally have difficulty seeing this as anything more than a gadget. Sure, it might be nice to fool around with the touchscreen UI and all, but an iPad will never be a computer. Even working on a Laptop bums me out because of the limited screen real-estate.
I wouldn't spend money on that myself, but if it gets released, it might increase mindshare so that's a good thing I guess.
Thats all true, but it would be a cool thing just for playing around and working on song ideas. If they could make something like the Peavey Amp Kit Link that would work standalone on ipads and iphones, android tablets and phones, and laptops/desktops, again 'WITHOUT' Pro Tools, I think it would be useful. I'd like to lay in bed with my laptop on and be able to get good amp sounds while just messing around with riffs.

Im like you, I hate working on any computer with only a single screen, be it desktop or laptop, but this "Eleven Mobile" would not be meant for serious work, just a convenience thing, that would be great for practicing, warming up, messing around ect....

But its not high on 'my' list of wants since we already have stuff from Peavey and IK Multimedia (among others) that will do this.

I actually posted a link to an article yesterday about tablet recording and 2 videos detailing the AmpKit in the Guitar Videos thread.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1792783&postcount=25

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 05-12-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
I actually posted a link to an article yesterday about tablet recording and 2 videos detailing the AmpKit in the Guitar Videos thread.

http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=1792783&postcount=25
Thanks Benoni, I'll be checking that out! I have ampkit, but I find it feeds back way to easy and makes headphones rather unpleasant on anything with moderate to high gain. Haven't found one of these tablet emulators that don't do that actually.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:33 PM

With iRig out there already there's really no point.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessnapilot View Post
With iRig out there already there's really no point.
no necessarily. You could have said the same thing about the Eleven Rack itself before it was released. You could have said, with Line6 PODs, AxeFX, Boss GT10, Roger Linn AdrenaLinn, Behringer V-AMP, Roland, TC, ect.... plus all the software based Amp sims, that a dedicated Hardware modeler from Avid has no point. But its been a great success.

If it sounds good for what it is, the price and features are right, then there is a place for it in the market.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio