How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 07-25-2011, 05:53 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 10 Potential Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeDye View Post
There are rumors that pro tools 9.1 will support 64bit tech with a rumored rtas 2 feature. With Lion out avid may delay 9.1 which doesn't even have an official date but delay it so it's comparible with Lion. Also waves is selling all TDM bundles at 50% off which is a big sign that rtas 64 bit is coming. Anything pro tools 9 64 bit is coming. Possibly a increase with ADC. 10 won't be here for a couple years. Back to rumors, it is expected that many ideascale suggestions will be put into pro tools 9.1 time will tell, I expect fall when they will probably announce the hd native thunderbolt product line.
If those rumors are true it would be great.

I didn't expect 64bit or rtas2 for atleast two years or so but it would be awsome to get it this fall.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
If those rumors are true it would be great.

I didn't expect 64bit or rtas2 for atleast two years or so but it would be awsome to get it this fall.
Yeppers.. indeed it would.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:14 AM

I am not having my hopes up ... but if by anyway this happens ... Imagine ...
Just imagine lol
Old 07-25-2011, 07:17 AM

What? No 128bit soon?
It is unacceptable!!!

Ok, just joking.

By the way, I really hope that ideascale is not just a "vent it out" place, but the big brother avid is really checking it.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:42 AM

There are also rumors that Elvis, Jimi, and Tupac are alive and well and recording an album together with Reaper on an ENIAC.

64 bit and or RTAS 2 in 9.1? That will take a lot of beta testing to release before adding to a solid 32 bit audio base (with a new PT9)) that cares nothing for either feature. They're coming but I seriously doubt that soon.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:02 AM

Thumbs up Re: Pro Tools 10 Potential Improvements

If those rumors are true that would be just peachy.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matocaster1202 View Post
I'd like to see a version made available just for editing... Something I can use on my laptop and not have to have an ilok plugged in. So maybe it has no record features...? I don't know. I just know one of these days I am going to break my ilok. It has happened to flash drives...

Quick or offline bounce would be cool. I bounce to track, but that would still be handy to have quick mixes to give clients. VST would be cool too.
I have long dreamed of virtual ilok web based server where if sever can be connected to over the internet we can log in and have our authorizations downloaded per session, so we can essentially work in more mobile manner and not have to worry about our dongles.

Another option is to a have protective compartment built into laptops with a large enough compartment to protect dongle, this would be a highly specialized option, problem adopted by manufactures that make laptops for audio, video or scientific work.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM

Another option is to a have protective compartment built into laptops with a large enough compartment to protect dongle ...

Or you could just drop six bucks on one of these...

https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObje...ProductBrowser
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 07-25-2011, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbruff View Post
I have long dreamed of virtual ilok web based server where if sever can be connected to over the internet we can log in and have our authorizations downloaded per session, so we can essentially work in more mobile manner and not have to worry about our dongles.

Another option is to a have protective compartment built into laptops with a large enough compartment to protect dongle, this would be a highly specialized option, problem adopted by manufactures that make laptops for audio, video or scientific work.
That just gave me an idea. At least a short term one... I will get a USB extention cable and build a little compartment for the ilok. Not sure how I will do it yet, but damn! my ilok is worth more than my laptop is!
Mackie Control Universal Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Intel MB P35 Express Chipset 1333Mhz FSB
Memory: 32GB DDR3-800
Old 07-25-2011, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matocaster1202 View Post
That just gave me an idea. At least a short term one... I will get a USB extention cable and build a little compartment for the ilok. Not sure how I will do it yet, but damn! my ilok is worth more than my laptop is!
Its easy you get a old Altoids tin and cut a hole large enough for the cable to stick out of. Then cover it with duct tape. One of the HD Post location recorder guys did just that. He used pink tape to make it less likely to be stolen.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88