Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 11:37 AM

Default Hello PC-Windows users !!!

I´m a Macintosh user, but i plan to use windows
based systems too. anyone encourage me? give reasons to buy a PC ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Hello PC-Windows users !!!

I've heard that PC are way faster than MACs and they are able to play more plug-ins and tracks.
Go to this site for a full review.

http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2...macvspciii.htm
Old 02-19-2003, 11:42 AM

I would recommend a system designed for audio: www.carillonusa.com (USA) or www.carilloncan.com (Canada)
Old 02-19-2003, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
OK Creamware and Dawbox guys, jump in!
You should be advised that certain sales, 'people' are members and who happen to 'suggest' their own systems. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
They might be just great machines but that is the deal. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What does Creamware have to do with anything?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:56 PM

I have used both platforms a lot and I will agree that PT LE on XP is a lot better than before and that it is now a viable option for those on a budget but have you looked at the Apple web site? They have several Pro Tools articles there and they actively work with the pro audio developers to really make audio a priority there. OS X now has multi channel audio capabilties. In short, I do think that Win XP is an option now but the best overall performance is still on the Mac side. I have a hard time believing that any machine is much faster than a dual G4. I built a dual 2ghz XEON, so I have used some pretty fast PCs. Yes, they are getting fast and cheap, but Apple is polished and once the bugs are all worked out of jaguar and PT6 I think we'll have quite a system.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:46 PM

What does Creamware have to do with anything?
Oops. I was thinking of the other sales ...person that is always hawking here, sortof pretending to be a member, suggesting their products as if they were a user.

Thankfully, the hypnotherapy sessions seem to have worked in removing the name. I don't want to remember it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:51 PM

"I have a hard time believing that any machine is much faster than a dual G4."

Check out the DaveC test results done by the MAC guys, its very true. A top PC will perform better than a top MAC and cost alot less. You dont have to believe it, because its already true! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 PM

"I have a hard time believing that any machine is much faster than a dual G4."

I dont...

" Mac users will be disappointed to see that this new Dell machine, while priced $629 less than the Mac Dual G4 1.25 GHz machine, was nearly twice as fast on most of the nine benchmarks we ran. "

"As for comparing the Dell workstation with the fastest Mac on the market, well, the two machines are apparently in different classes. Take a look at the test results, and you’ll have to agree that, using these benchmarks, the Mac was slaughtered again, and this time by an even wider expanse than ever. We were surprised at the huge margin of the defeat of the Mac in these tests. Even though the Mac's dual G4 chips have been sped up to 1.25 GHz and offers faster DDR RAM, apparently this wasn’t enough to keep up with the newest and fastest from Dell and Intel. The most amazing part of this is that this Dell PC cost $629 less than the Mac we tested. "

Taken from http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2...macvspciii.htm

mmm...

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2003, 09:00 PM

Darn straight, VB. It's a fact, not a theory. That's why the davec test caused such a furor last year when I posted a link to it over there in Macland.

Isn't it written somewhere that "Pride cometh before... a davec test?"
Old 02-19-2003, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
What does Creamware have to do with anything?
Oops. I was thinking of the other sales ...person that is always hawking here, sortof pretending to be a member, suggesting their products as if they were a user.

Thankfully, the hypnotherapy sessions seem to have worked in removing the name. I don't want to remember it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't pretend to be a user. I am a protools user myself. I was just giving the person an option because maybe he was not aware of it.