Quote:
Originally Posted by jeam25 View Post
Hi...

1. Update pace interlock manager and driver
2. Unistall/Reinstall UAD software
3. Delete the wavecache audio file that is storage along with PT session file
4. Trash PT pref and databases
5. Update your chipset drivers

If i remember exactly what i did ill let you know ..!! Meanwhile try that if you didnt yet ! BTW IN MY CASE ive never used the RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR tweak . IN MY CASE ive seen PT doing strange things with it checked :-/ .
Thanks....fingers crossed you recall what you did that helped!

1) Not yet done that. The only authorization on the iLock is PT itself, but this is certainly worth a shot.
2) Did that, no joy
3) Did that, no joy
4) This sometimes will get me back into the session, but doesn't seem to solve the issue. Specifically it's the DAE prefs that will get me back into the session.
5) I'll take a look into this. Will also try removing the first UAD solo card I've got in the system; This system used to have a UAD2 + a couple UAD1 cards, and had the issue then. I updated the UAD1s to a second UAD2 to see if going to a modern driver would help; it didn't.

some more data points/ observations:

every time this cycle happens, I receive references to the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Most of the time it's P6025 Pure Virtual Function Call.

I can open borked sessions in safe mode, but have yet to be able to isolate a specific bad and/or corrupt plugin. It's also a crapshoot if I'll be able to save these sessions into a new project. If it fails, I get an Access Violation error, and more likely than not will have to force quit PT.

I am using only UAD plugs + included PT plugs in the majority of my projects.

Thanks again to everyone that answered.
Old 03-20-2016, 09:12 PM

Default Re: PT 10.3.10 on Win7 + UAD-2 problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
"Memory Controller : HP 5400B Chipset Memory Controller Hub 4x 333MHz (1.33GHz), 4x 2GB DDR2 FB-DIMM 666MHz 256-bit"

Here's the other 8.

Very strange.
weirder, there's only 8 physical sticks in the machine, and they're reflected in the BIOS as you'd expect. But hey, at least they have their own fan

checking those sticks for errors now, none detected so far.

Tried each of the two UAD cards in isolation to rule out a bad card (had this happen a few times with the old UAD1 cards. Same result on both cards.

Also just reported this to UA.

And have downloaded an updated BIOS. Will try that next, I think.

One thing at a time, will try the PACE drivers afterwards.

Fingers crossed. This is seriously vexing.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfuturevintage View Post
weirder, there's only 8 physical sticks in the machine, and they're reflected in the BIOS as you'd expect. But hey, at least they have their own fan

checking those sticks for errors now, none detected so far.

Tried each of the two UAD cards in isolation to rule out a bad card (had this happen a few times with the old UAD1 cards. Same result on both cards.

Also just reported this to UA.

And have downloaded an updated BIOS. Will try that next, I think.

One thing at a time, will try the PACE drivers afterwards.

Fingers crossed. This is seriously vexing.

Also check your windows error event viewer for a possible clue !
And dont forget your chipset and video card driver .
Old 03-21-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Hi...

1. Update pace interlock manager and driver
Tried to try this today; I can get the current iLok manager installed, and the iLok is visible to the manager/ can sync licenses, but PT does not see the iLok. Had to reinstall the previous version of the manager to launch PT.

I suspect shenanigans in the iLok driver installation exe as the previous one I was using and new one from Pace both use the same-dated driver (4/11/13) when looking at driver details in the device manager.

Unable to find a stand-alone driver updater in pace-land. I'd guess it comes with the manager installer, but hard to believe they'd still be using a 3 year old driver with the new manager installer.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Also check your windows error event viewer for a possible clue !
And dont forget your chipset and video card driver .
Took a look in the event viewer...man, that's a lot of stuff going on, all the way back to 2012!

Only specific things to this issue in there were:

-the Pace iLok service was configured to be interactive with the desktop but the system is not configured to allow that. Googling this is inconclusive, but it appears to be a legacy setting to allow older/sloppily coded stuff to work after Vista.

and

-there were some errors in the control surfaces function calls of PT-land. Might be onto something with this. I've got 3 BCF2000 units in HUI mode (going through the RME MIDI and an maudio MIDI Sport 2x2 anniversary). Currently all control surfaces are disabled in PT, just in case.

seeking chipset/ video card drivers now...
Old 03-21-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Took a look in the event viewer...man, that's a lot of stuff going on, all the way back to 2012!

Only specific things to this issue in there were:

-the Pace iLok service was configured to be interactive with the desktop but the system is not configured to allow that. Googling this is inconclusive, but it appears to be a legacy setting to allow older/sloppily coded stuff to work after Vista.

and

-there were some errors in the control surfaces function calls of PT-land. Might be onto something with this. I've got 3 BCF2000 units in HUI mode (going through the RME MIDI and an maudio MIDI Sport 2x2 anniversary). Currently all control surfaces are disabled in PT, just in case.

seeking chipset/ video card drivers now...
umm..!

The pace interlock manager is a must to install i think !

let me know with the drivers .. and since 2012 the event viewer ?Should consider formatting the system too , tought this error isnt related to a fresh install it wont hurt neither !
Old 03-21-2016, 01:45 PM

Quote:
umm..!

The pace interlock manager is a must to install i think !
Yeah, I hear ya. I believe you too :)

At this point though, there's so many other things to try, I'm gonna pick the low-hanging fruit for the time being...if Pace is going to be uncooperative, I'll stick with what at least lets me launch PT and try the other stuff. Man, I hate Pace.

Quote:
let me know with the drivers .. and since 2012 the event viewer ?Should consider formatting the system too , tought this error isnt related to a fresh install it wont hurt neither !
Agreed. If I can't get this sorted definitively, I'm planning on doing a full format-and-rebuild. This machine gets used nearly exclusively for PT, so there's not a lot of junk, but yeah, it's been running for about 3.5 years; a rebuild wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I should have a spare drive to put it on as well, so worst case scenario, I'll be able to revert to my current state of affairs (such as they are) with a simple HDD swap.

I've got the nvidia display adapter updated to the current driver from a couple months ago, and if nothing else, it seems to load plugin windows much more quickly, and without some of the non-PT CPU-core spiking I was seeing before. Only a little while into testing, but the sure-fire recipes I had for crashing the system have been clean so far, so I'll take the small victory.

Will report as I know more.

oh, chipset drivers: unable to locate any more recent drivers than what's in there. Might be stuck with what I've got.

Thanks again!
Old 03-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I hear ya. I believe you too :)

At this point though, there's so many other things to try, I'm gonna pick the low-hanging fruit for the time being...if Pace is going to be uncooperative, I'll stick with what at least lets me launch PT and try the other stuff. Man, I hate Pace.

Agreed. If I can't get this sorted definitively, I'm planning on doing a full format-and-rebuild. This machine gets used nearly exclusively for PT, so there's not a lot of junk, but yeah, it's been running for about 3.5 years; a rebuild wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. I should have a spare drive to put it on as well, so worst case scenario, I'll be able to revert to my current state of affairs (such as they are) with a simple HDD swap.

I've got the nvidia display adapter updated to the current driver from a couple months ago, and if nothing else, it seems to load plugin windows much more quickly, and without some of the non-PT CPU-core spiking I was seeing before. Only a little while into testing, but the sure-fire recipes I had for crashing the system have been clean so far, so I'll take the small victory.

Will report as I know more.

oh, chipset drivers: unable to locate any more recent drivers than what's in there. Might be stuck with what I've got.

Thanks again!
Good to know , youre welcome friend !

Last edited by jeam25; 03-21-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 03:59 PM

Oooof. Thought I had it. Just spent 2 hours of general mixing mayhem trying to break PT, getting UAD usage to 77%, and PT up to about 40%. Seemed stable and happy for the entire time. Put a couple overdubs into this project (something I'd rarely do: overdub when the mix is nearly finished). First one went in without a hitch, second one allowed me to record and save, but no subsequent saves.

Errors were:

Access Violation, unable to read location (hex number I didn't notate)

and

There is not enough memory (task manager shows 16G total, about 14G available and about 12G free; project is just audio, no synths, no reverbs not on the UAD, IOW, there is enough memory), I suspect this is a by-product of a memory location being unreadable by PT. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a bassist.

No firewire errors in the RME panel, no errors logged in the Windows event viewer.

back to it....
Old 03-21-2016, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Oooof. Thought I had it. Just spent 2 hours of general mixing mayhem trying to break PT, getting UAD usage to 77%, and PT up to about 40%. Seemed stable and happy for the entire time. Put a couple overdubs into this project (something I'd rarely do: overdub when the mix is nearly finished). First one went in without a hitch, second one allowed me to record and save, but no subsequent saves.

Errors were:

Access Violation, unable to read location (hex number I didn't notate)

and

There is not enough memory (task manager shows 16G total, about 14G available and about 12G free; project is just audio, no synths, no reverbs not on the UAD, IOW, there is enough memory), I suspect this is a by-product of a memory location being unreadable by PT. But hey, what do I know? I'm just a bassist.

No firewire errors in the RME panel, no errors logged in the Windows event viewer.

back to it....
wow...did you said to have installed the lastest audio card drivers ? ( RME )