How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2015, 09:15 AM

Default Bad iLok or Bad Software?

Hey guys,

Anyone else having issues lately? I tried to transfer 3 of the new Soundtoys Little plugs (you get 2 activations, so this was the first set of activations) to a brand new iLok2 last night, along with a license of iZotope's Trash2 and something went weird. It gave me some USB error message, and once I cleared that the Trash2 license was gone. It says it's been activated but when you look at the details, it gives no location as to where.

Afterwards, I again tried to transfer the 3 Soundtoys plugs and I got a confirmation message stating that it worked. However, they do not exist on that iLok now and it appears that they are lost?? I had a 2nd set of activations, which I put on a different iLok of ours but it's all very confusing to now explain this to both iZotope and Soundtoys...

What the hell happened here? I've been using iLok for nearly a decade now and have never had issues like this. I've got nearly 500 licenses stored over 6 iLoks, and I've only ever had 1 appear to be faulty (an original blue iLok1).

Is something wrong with the latest software? I assume at the very least the iLok is defective, and I'm trying to acquire another one ASAP to get the rest of the licenses transferred before I lose them too...

Every year I'm getting more and more frustrated with copy protection stuff. The more software I buy, the more punished I feel. It shouldn't be this way.

Any help much appreciated.
Sig
Old 12-22-2015, 10:03 AM

Default Re: Bad iLok or Bad Software?

Wow, I've never had to use this before, but with the help of Soundtoys they pointed me to the "Synchronize" command and it's repaired all of the licenses, including the Trash2 that went missing.

Maybe this info will help someone in the future.

Thanks guys!
Sig