Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2015, 11:33 AM
EastWest

Default PLAY 4.2.25 is now available for download

PLAY 4.2.25 is now available for download
http://www.soundsonline.com/Support
PLAY Software Update 4.2.25 contains all improvements from previous maintenance releases as well as the following fixes and improvements -
• Fixed load errors with EWQLSO Platinum
• Fixed an issue causing some projects to load out of tune
• Fixed issues causing sample paths or individual samples not being found
Old 05-09-2015, 03:28 AM

Default Re: PLAY 4.2.25 is now available for download

I got the subscription yesterday to the Cloud. Got the installer, and installed Play just fine. But, I can't get the option to "activate" to show up on the installer now and so can't download any of the EW instruments I opted for at purchase. Sent in support ticket and emailed sales. Support responded, but still no love! I really wanted to spend time playing with it today...instead, I'm guessing it'll now be MONDAY before anything happens, if at all! Why is it these things never work as shown in the videos?

Old 05-09-2015, 06:23 AM
EastWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I got the subscription yesterday to the Cloud. Got the installer, and installed Play just fine. But, I can't get the option to "activate" to show up on the installer now and so can't download any of the EW instruments I opted for at purchase. Sent in support ticket and emailed sales. Support responded, but still no love! I really wanted to spend time playing with it today...instead, I'm guessing it'll now be MONDAY before anything happens, if at all! Why is it these things never work as shown in the videos?
Sorry Donald, I know it is frustrating but if you don't get a timely response, email this to me.

[email protected]
Old 05-09-2015, 09:23 AM

Thank you. I got an email from someone saying I should have received an email but that email didn't come. The interesting thing is the status on my order said "Pending Approval". Now it says "Billed". I have no idea what any of that means.

Old 05-10-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Thank you. I got an email from someone saying I should have received an email but that email didn't come. The interesting thing is the status on my order said "Pending Approval". Now it says "Billed". I have no idea what any of that means.
This is typical EW speak that I've seen for years. Their ordering and fulfillment process seems to take forever (longer than Audio Deluxe) and is still rooted in the age of things being shipped on disc instead of instant download and activation. Add in the fact that they interact directly with your iLok instead of the normal thing of depositing the license asset at iLok.com and you going to it to d/l it to your iLok. Doesn't really save you any time because you still have to fire up the ILM and do a sync to get the license asset to show on your iLok.

Once it's all wrung out you'll have a great product to work with. But be aware that some people are having issues with this latest version of Play as shown on the Soundsonline forums. Until that's straightened out I'm staying on Play 4.2.2

QAPLA!
Old 05-10-2015, 07:48 AM
EastWest

Quote:
Nor do I, but if you want to email it to me I can try to get you some answers.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:49 AM
EastWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
=. But be aware that some people are having issues with this latest version of Play as shown on the Soundsonline forums. Until that's straightened out I'm staying on Play 4.2.2
I agree, Jack. EW is hoping to release an update that is in beta that fixes these issues this week.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Good news. Thanks for being on this.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-10-2015, 11:57 AM

I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I get a response. I guess I assumed that once I paid for it no could just download everything just like any other download purchase, and as the video showed. But clearly that wasn't the case. But some EW folks have tried to help, so I'll wait until tomorrow and hope it all resolves.

I wasn't aware of issues with Play. Hope that isn't a problem. What's the issue?

And I have one question, am I correct that I can have Play load whatever samples I'm using directly into RAM? I'm using an external HD via USB 3 for all my EW libraries (West Dig Black 1TB 7200 RPM etc). Since I have 24gig of RAM it seems logical that using RAM for samples would make sense. Yes/No? Thanks

Old 05-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I'll wait until tomorrow to see if I get a response. I guess I assumed that once I paid for it no could just download everything just like any other download purchase, and as the video showed. But clearly that wasn't the case. But some EW folks have tried to help, so I'll wait until tomorrow and hope it all resolves.

I wasn't aware of issues with Play. Hope that isn't a problem. What's the issue?

And I have one question, am I correct that I can have Play load whatever samples I'm using directly into RAM? I'm using an external HD via USB 3 for all my EW libraries (West Dig Black 1TB 7200 RPM etc). Since I have 24gig of RAM it seems logical that using RAM for samples would make sense. Yes/No? Thanks
It would be easier if you went to the Soundsonline form and saw for yourself the issues with the new Play version.

You can, on a per instrument articulation basis, have Play load all to ram. The actual menu option you're looking for is 'stream from disk'. This is not a global setting unfortunately. The Play 4 manual explains it well. I load all into ram and it really helps things to run better.

QAPLA!