Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2009, 01:51 PM

Default PT8 Win7 problems

First off,

I KNOW Windows 7 is unsupported. I'm just seeing if I can get it onto my new laptop without repartitioning and putting XP on it.

So, I tried installing my copy of PTLE8.0.0 with an Mbox 2 Mini on my new Dell() laptop, running Win7 Professional(). The install appeared to progress normally, but afterwards I realised that I had not in fact plugged the box in properly when it tells you to in the install. When I then plugged it in and started PT, it got to the 'DAE Loaded' message before spectacally crashing out of Windows with a BSOD. Every time, with various error messages, like "MEMMORY MANAGEMENT" or "IRQ REQUEST TIMEOUT" or just with no reason.

So, reasoning I'd messed up the drivers by not plugging in the Mbox propperly , I uninstalled and tried again. This time, the install always hung at the driver install, or went to BSOD as soon as I plugged the box in. I now have managed to get it installed, by hook or by crook, but there's obvioulsly still something wrong with it, because PT always stops with DAE error 13001 at startup.

Any ideas? I've clearly got a vey meed d up install by now - I think something is still missing somewhere!

Should I just go to XP and cut my losses and wait for official support? I don't know if even that will work, as it's now so messed up!

What could I do to make it work, or indeed to completly clean up my install?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:19 PM

Default Re: PT8 Win7 problems

I don't think there will be any 64bit drivers within the near future.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
I don't think there will be any 64bit drivers within the near future.
At this point, I agree.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-15-2009, 12:50 PM

Thanks guys, just reading that now. Should have read that first! Looks like there's lots of people with probelms, but also some people with it working on similar configerations. Today I put a new installe of 7 on a seperate partition exclusively for PT. PT Installed fine, but always BSOD's when you start it - same problem. I guess we'll just have to wait for official support!