Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 06:39 AM

Default Red Book Master Software for OSX?

I used to prepare red book compatible Master CD's with wavelab on a PC but now i would like to do all this work on my powerbook...can anyone recommend some software for OSX that is capable of doing this?
Thanx
Grant
Old 11-04-2004, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Red Book Master Software for OSX?

-Bias Peak
-Toast with Jam
Old 11-04-2004, 09:34 AM

THIS works great!
Old 11-04-2004, 10:47 PM

Quote:
-Bias Peak
-Toast with Jam
peak doesn't burn red-book, but jam does.
Old 11-04-2004, 11:31 PM

I've got to make the same decision in the next couple of weeks too. Now that Logic 7 has Waveburner bundled I thought the upgrade from 6 to 7 would be the way to go for me. Does it burn red book? I think it does but am not sure.
I've not actually used it though but have heard good reports. I need it to be able to write proper PQ flags in audio and not just at the start/end of files. (I suppose this is a logic forum question). Any other nifty pre-gapping & hidden track stuff would also be cool but not essential
Old 11-05-2004, 12:04 AM

Quote:
I've got to make the same decision in the next couple of weeks too. Now that Logic 7 has Waveburner bundled I thought the upgrade from 6 to 7 would be the way to go for me. Does it burn red book? I think it does but am not sure.
I've not actually used it though but have heard good reports. I need it to be able to write proper PQ flags in audio and not just at the start/end of files. (I suppose this is a logic forum question). Any other nifty pre-gapping & hidden track stuff would also be cool but not essential
wave burner does create red book cds its still buggy in that undo is not yet available and other features but its solid .

I dont know about PQ flags but currently you can not adjust the cd burning speed which id like to see changed so i can burn at 2x - 4x speed this is my first experience with a mac program that burns red book , I have been using my masterlink , so I dont know about those other things you mentioned like pre gapping and hidden track stuff .

but It can do CD text .
Old 11-05-2004, 12:54 AM

production masters should always be burnt 1X
Old 11-05-2004, 05:53 AM

Quote:
production masters should always be burnt 1X
Amen
Old 11-05-2004, 06:29 AM

I remember some test being conducted when CD-Rs were getting popular and when Masterlist CD came out. So I went looking for some info. I don't know if any tests have been conducted lately. I would think with time things have changed.

Here is what you can find in the Answerbase.

"Test have shown that there are fewer errors when burning at faster speeds. On the other hand, some CD players will not recognize CDR's unless they are burned in Real Time (1X). Also, some people claim that Real Time (1X) burns "sound" better. Our best recommendation is to try several speeds and find that works best for you."
Old 11-05-2004, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I remember some test being conducted when CD-Rs were getting popular and when Masterlist CD came out. So I went looking for some info. I don't know if any tests have been conducted lately. I would think with time things have changed.

Here is what you can find in the Answerbase.

"Test have shown that there are fewer errors when burning at faster speeds. On the other hand, some CD players will not recognize CDR's unless they are burned in Real Time (1X). Also, some people claim that Real Time (1X) burns "sound" better. Our best recommendation is to try several speeds and find that works best for you."
Yeah, I'm in NO WAY a pro. But in every big Mastering facility I've been in I have NEVER NEVER NEVER seen the mastering engineer burn faster than 1X. We usually start the final burn, and run to McDonalds for food