Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2017, 07:09 PM

Default 'Save Copy In' Issue

Hi there.

I have a number PT11 sessions that I have to open in PT9 at studio for completion. There's an inconsistency in the 'save copy in' process that's causing a problem.

I think the core of the issue is in what's happening in the 'Save Session Copy' panel. I'm getting differences in the 'Items To Copy' check boxes (please see reference images below) that I can't change.

The Session2 image shows that the 'Audio Files' and 'Convert to Specified Format' check boxes are auto checked and greyed out. I can't change these and I can't work out what's causing this.

The Session3 image shows that these boxes are not auto checked. You can see that the 'Audio Files' check box is not greyed out, too.

The effect is that a 'save copy in' of Session2 produces a 'Copy of Session2' folder (where the PTF file is placed) and an 'Audio Files' subfolder (where the relevant WAV files are placed).

A 'save copy in' of Session3 only produces a PTF file in the main session folder. I'd prefer that all the 'save copy in' sessions are saved as per Session3, so that they are less complicated and all the same for the engineer/producer to work on.

I've read that what's happening with Session2 is that the session contains interleaved stereo files, but I have them in both sessions. I've also removed them as a test and it's not changed anything. All the session parameters are identical. I'm using Pro Tools 11 on Windows 7 64 bit with a Focusrite 18i20 interface.

Any one got any thoughts?

Cheers,
Matthew.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PT11_Session02.jpg (68.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PT11_Session03.jpg (67.6 KB, 0 views)