Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2011, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Protools 10HD upgrade to from 9 is 999.99 ..... WHY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
Thanks Emcha. It's says $ 8,999.

Carl
That's because it's already including an interface in the price, while Nst7 was speaking without the interface (ie hdx without an interface vs the price I showed you that includes an interface).

Wave-T.com
Old 10-21-2011, 01:14 PM

I have the interface. Didn't see the non-interface upgrade.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
I have the interface. Didn't see the non-interface upgrade.

C
Me either, Nst7 might have more info due to his rep at sweetwaters than what is announced yet on their website. I'm sure they have not finished placing everything in yet.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-21-2011, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRaNCo MuSiC View Post
Just spoke with Avid support and he told me Avid only gives amnesty to users that bought it from the 1st of October. So I was screwed... since I bought my system on mid september.... Spent 6'000 bucks on an HD Native + Omni and 1 month later I have to spend 1'000 bucks to be up to date with PT HD 10.

I was an Avid fan till yesterday...

Saludos

Franco
GOt my HD3 on September 26th.. now i have to pay an extra thousand... ridiculous.

I feel your pain, thats a firm ass raping.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emcha_audio View Post
Me either, Nst7 might have more info due to his rep at sweetwaters than what is announced yet on their website. I'm sure they have not finished placing everything in yet.
Yeah. They can't get this stuff up on the site fast enough. I reached out to my rep. are you going for it?

Carl
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:28 PM

This pricing structure is ridiculous! I would've gladly paid $299 for this up date for my Pt9 HD3 rig. I watched the webcast and was excited, but then I saw the price of $999 and was livid. If this is a push to HDX, why would I even consider upgrading my hardware if this is going to be their software update pricing?

Avid will probably lose me for good over this update.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:36 PM

Yeah, I talked to a Sweetwater rep and it's $7499 for HD Native to HDX without the interface trade in.

On the other hand, if you don't need the Omni, you might come out ahead by getting that bundle anyway, and just selling the new Omni.

In fact, someone could have quite a racket going if they buy the various brand new bundles and independently sell off card systems and interfaces.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Yeah, I talked to a Sweetwater rep and it's $7499 for HD Native to HDX without the interface trade in.

On the other hand, if you don't need the Omni, you might come out ahead by getting that bundle anyway, and just selling the new Omni.

In fact, someone could have quite a racket going if they buy the various brand new bundles and independently sell off card systems and interfaces.
Yeah. My rep just offered the same. I thought about the bigger bundle but we'll see a lot of Omni's on the market. Would have to get $1,500 for it.

Are you going for it?

Carl
Old 10-21-2011, 01:41 PM

Just my 2 cents, but I think a lot of people are slightly overreacting & looking at this situation a little wrong. The price of the HD software upgrade is almost insanely clear that it's the incentive to get the new HD hardware (it's a bit of a gut punch I'll admit.)

Now seriously, can we really complain that the current line of hardware has lasted for almost 10 years? I've gone through 3 computer systems and the entire music business has completely changed in the time that my HD system has been running smoothly. They are asking us to invest in their next gen for hardware which will allow them to move forward with the software features everyone has been asking for. There are plenty of threads already covering this topic in depth.

Most of the people that will take the initial plunge are more along the lines of major facilities that can basically afford to overhaul a room and test the new full system. That's why a lot of the new features work well for post facilities. This will probably work as long as they make the upgrade cost and path to the new hardware make more sense for current TDM users.

Seriously, I think the upgraded voice count alone makes this upgrade look really good! I just want more info on the new AAX format.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fix View Post
Just my 2 cents, but I think a lot of people are slightly overreacting & looking at this situation a little wrong. The price of the HD software upgrade is almost insanely clear that it's the incentive to get the new HD hardware (it's a bit of a gut punch I'll admit.)
Thats all well and good but dont forget some of us purchased the hd|native system that was only announced October 6th last year. Why should we have to pay this 1k update that is really incentives to get people off old hardware. We are on NEW hardware!

Meanwhile people on cptk who arent even using avid hardware get all the luxuries of hd10 for $350!

What is the lesson to be learned here?