Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2009, 10:43 PM

Default Re: Spectrasonics Trilian...WOW!!

The final result will be revealed to you with an error, a bogging, or a crash. Use a copy of a session just to be safe. I run 2 video cards so PT gets about 2.7GB of RAM before I notice things getting less than ideal.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-18-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
It definitely works Scar; I've gone up to 3.12g on a session before & ran it with no hiccups(I got a couple of pops here & there) but this was 3.12g on'eim
Thanks KB. I am really looking forward to it as i am beginning to do much more sound design with VI's these days and it pays for me to be able to "midi" it to make fast corrections. I find as I get older the accuracy diminishes just a tad on the "keys"..LOL I was tracking 20 sides last week and my margin of error was exceeded. It did not bother anyone else but it bothered me. I had about 10 punch ins and I usually don't have but a couple. I am noticing more and more that the fingers are getting just a wee bit slower than they were several years back. I just don't want this to become a handicap and take away from the real feel and some of the backbeat rhythms in my playing (IE Quantize, real trip feel, etc). When beats are being made it really does not bother me but when you are sitting with several A players, horns, strings etc..well you know you don't want to be that one that says..I had one..Sorry!! (Session talk for newbs)

For all complaints click here

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
The final result will be revealed to you with an error, a bogging, or a crash. Use a copy of a session just to be safe. I run 2 video cards so PT gets about 2.7GB of RAM before I notice things getting less than ideal.
As usual thanks Tom. Your help is very much appreciated. I only hope I can reciprocate one day

DAW
-
Digi003 PC-Sweetwater CS dual 3.0/Asus 975X Chipset/CPU dual 3.0GHz/800MHz FSB/RAM 4GB/Radeonx300se/4 internal glyph sata drives/ 3 external glyph backup drives/Acronis True Image OUTBOARD-UA LA-610, ADL-600, Digimax lt, Eureka x 2, Central Station, Hearback x 8, JBL LSR, Monster Power Software-PTLE 8.0, Sound Forge, CD Architect Plugins- Too many and too much money spent
Old 11-18-2009, 02:13 PM

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-18-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar97 View Post
When beats are being made it really does not bother me but when you are sitting with several A players, horns, strings etc..well you know you don't want to be that one that says..I had one..Sorry!! (Session talk for newbs)
Rite... Yeah I usually make sure I'm not that one...Guys who kno me always watch me to make sure I'm not that 1 too

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keybeeetsss View Post
Rite... Yeah I usually make sure I'm not that one...Guys who kno me always watch me to make sure I'm not that 1 too

LOL..I hate it when that happens. Never happens on the hard stuff. It is always something simple that screws up everyone.

"READ YOUR FRICKIN CHART!!! 5/1 not 1/5..I don't care what you heard! when we want your opinion we will give it to you! Just read the $#!@#!! chart! WE ARE NOT IN CHURCH!!!"..LOL (Got ta love producers that have had WAY too much coffee and have to meet a deadline they have had for 3 months or more)

DAW
-
Old 11-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar97 View Post
LOL..I hate it when that happens. Never happens on the hard stuff. It is always something simple that screws up everyone.

"READ YOUR FRICKIN CHART!!! 5/1 not 1/5..I don't care what you heard! when we want your opinion we will give it to you! Just read the $#!@#!! chart! WE ARE NOT IN CHURCH!!!"..LOL (Got ta love producers that have had WAY too much coffee and have to meet a deadline they have had for 3 months or more)
I just did a giant string and horn session at a nearby room and the arranger was exactly as you described. One of the violin players was on the verge of tears. The constant phone calls from his wife gave us a clue as to what was at the bottom of it but this man needed Valium. They were very good charts though.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-18-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
I just did a giant string and horn session at a nearby room and the arranger was exactly as you described. One of the violin players was on the verge of tears. The constant phone calls from his wife gave us a clue as to what was at the bottom of it but this man needed Valium. They were very good charts though.
Yep. I am NEVER on the verge of tears (absolute oposite). If you are not confident they will eat you alive. My problem is they don't realize that they are hearing some of this crap for the first time and don't know what they want...They just want it different than what you did (off the chart)

DAW
-
Old 11-18-2009, 05:15 PM

Yep, some of the most common conflicts are over people not auto-correcting for an arrangers errors. Most of the time though, these string sessions eventless. Most of these people are pros.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-18-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Yep, some of the most common conflicts are over people not auto-correcting for an arrangers errors. Most of the time though, these string sessions eventless. Most of these people are pros.

Trust me it is not the players in most cases it is the producer or new director/arranger writing charts that don't have any idea of the theory. Yeah when we read music it is what it is but charts have always been very subjective unless you have the same crew using the same "logos" so to speak. You can't read the mind of someone that put a line like this

1 1 4 4

When they REALLY wanted

1 1 4 44-

Know what I mean. Then the thing I find most amusing is a horn player that "plays" keys too....Makes sheet music for you but forgets to transpose from Bb. That is a classic.

Tom you have been doing this a long time I am sure you have seen it all. It is like me I just smile and say no problem.

DAW
-