Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 08-13-2006, 11:50 AM

Default DigiDelivery ?

Either I'm blind or the site is poorly structured but, I've spent the past 30 minutes on Digidesign's site searching for info on DigiDelivery.

My question is, how do I submit a request to create a DigiDelivery account and how much does it cost to use this service?

Does anyone know and many people are using this; what are your thoughts?

thanks!
Old 08-13-2006, 11:57 AM

Default Re: DigiDelivery ?

There's this (from typing the word "Digidelivery" into the Search field):
Digidelivery

It works great, though not really suited for the single user. We use it all the time for sending stuff back and forth to L.A.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:24 PM

thanks. I checked that page already but nowhere on that web page is there info on how to create the user accounts or the price for using this service. hmmmm?....perhaps I should watch the overview movie?
Old 08-13-2006, 01:21 PM

The Serv|LT goes for around $3750. Type "Digidelivery" into a search engine for pricing and availalbility. Most Digi dealers have them. There's no fee for the service, as stated in the Overview link I posted. You maintain your own server. The rest of your queries will be addressed in the Getting Started guide.

Are you running a facility? You know, there are other options for sending files over the internet like FTP that are much less expensive. The main benefits of Digidelivery are security and ease of use.
Old 08-13-2006, 07:24 PM

thanks for the info. I'm currently running an ftp server however, I like the idea of the added security with Digidelivery. I guess I misunderstood the concept, I was under the impression that they (digidesign) housed the server and that users would lease diskspace on that server.

-m
Old 08-13-2006, 07:26 PM

Quote:
You know, there are other options for sending files over the internet like FTP that are much less expensive.
would you mind going into this? i have space for my website but ive tried putting sessions up there with no luck. could you explain how youre doing it? thanks!
Old 08-14-2006, 11:11 AM

What aspect of FTP are you fuzzy about, Gigantor? There are two good places to start. First, type "File Transfer Protocol" into a search engine and maybe check out CyberDuck which is a freeware app. Next, your web hosting provider's website should explain how to set everything up. Find out if you can have multiple accounts with different passwords. I usually create a new account and password for each new project. This gives the client or other crew-members access but limited to only the necessary folders. This prevents your partner from changing your main index page to meatspin.com