Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 12-05-2019, 06:55 AM

Default Copy MIDI Control Change to new session?

hey folks

i’ve got some midi information automating some guitar pedals and I’d like to copy this info throughout two sessions. So, say Session A has 5 songs and Session B has 5 songs, I’d like to take 2-3 song s worth of Midi CC changes from B and ‘paste’ them into A.

Import session Data will give me the whole session which I don’t need (because in reality each session has about 20 songs). Export midi seems to export the entire session as well. Let me know! I just wish there was a way to consolidate / export MIDI like you can with clips.
Old 12-05-2019, 04:55 PM

Default Re: Copy MIDI Control Change to new session?

You are missing out on a lot of options within Import Session Data. For what you describe, I would use ISD and grab ONLY the tracks that have the plugins with MIDI control working, and bring those tracks into the other sessions, but DO NOT import the audio(media). Once those empty tracks show up, just drag the plugins from the blank imported tracks and drop onto the tracks where you want, then delete the empty imported tracks

Another option; take the session WITH the control changes working and save that as a session template(again, do NOT include media). Create a new session from this template and import the audio files. I'm sure there's more options I haven't come up with too

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave