Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Default Re: Protools 11 Recording Timing

Is this still an issue with Pro Tools 11? Heard about this in previous versions too. I just wrote a thread about hardware inserts don't work in PT 11 but it works in PT 10. I think there's something wrong about the delay compensation. I just wanted to do some parallel processing with other plugins and the tracks we're not in phase.
Old 07-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Surely you can record with delay compensation engaged and have the resulting audio recording print correctly IE not late. I must be doing something wrong.

Having done a quick search I see there's been a few other people mention this problem but I've seen no official response, or any suggestions on how to stop it from happening.

Really need to get this ironed out asap, it's just bizarre!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmac010 View Post
Surely you can record with delay compensation engaged and have the resulting audio recording print correctly IE not late. I must be doing something wrong.

Having done a quick search I see there's been a few other people mention this problem but I've seen no official response, or any suggestions on how to stop it from happening.

Really need to get this ironed out asap, it's just bizarre!
Hi

I am checking with the Avid tech guys and hopefully someone will jump in here soon to figure out whats what here

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-05-2013, 05:16 PM

wow, thanks for all the posts guys. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with the issue. What A/D converters are you using?
Old 07-05-2013, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmac010 View Post
Really?

Page 422: "Generally, you will want to record with Delay Compensation enabled to maintain phase coherent time alignment between tracks with different DSP delays. However, you will generally want to avoid using inserts on recording tracks or tracks used for controlling the levels of cue mixes.

Either way it still makes no sense that it's printing the audio late. This surely is not normal behaviour?
My bad, I was still going by the old HD guide which states: "When recording Delay Compensation should usually be turned off"
This is the way I've always operated.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Senchak View Post
wow, thanks for all the posts guys. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with the issue. What A/D converters are you using?
I'm just using the RME UCX for conversion. It woks perfectly when recording but the recorded audio is always late. Seems to happen no matter whether there are latency inducing plugins/busses or not, and all buffer sizes. This can't be normal/acceptable.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:23 AM

We use Apollo Quad and Avid HD8x8x8 I/O interfaces on MBPr and no problems with audio. How many of you have problems are using Win 7 or Win 8?

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 07-06-2013, 10:36 AM

There was a similar bug that happened when PT9 came out. A bunch of us were able to reproduce it by printing a click track and re-recording it onto new audio tracks. The recorded audio always showed up late. If I remember correctly, around 5000 samples.

It would be worth trying to see how reproducible this is.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketeachesclass View Post
There was a similar bug that happened when PT9 came out. A bunch of us were able to reproduce it by printing a click track and re-recording it onto new audio tracks. The recorded audio always showed up late. If I remember correctly, around 5000 samples.

It would be worth trying to see how reproducible this is.
How was this resolved? Was it a recognised bug or was it a setup thing? I really want support from Avid on this issue - is this forum the best way of getting answers?
Old 07-07-2013, 05:56 AM

Previously, it was a recognized bug, and avid fixed it. I'm sure you can find an older thread about the original problem if you search.

Also, I'm not saying that this is definitely the issue. I haven't updated to 11, and won't until my current project is complete. At that time, I'll check this as well.