Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2018, 12:30 AM

Default Using Photoscore Ultimate by Finale, and the suitable scanners.

I'm planning to purchase PhotoScore Ultimate, but the interface of Photoscore Ultimate is based on the Sibelius's such as the keypad, yet I only have Finale 2012 instead of Sibelius. Thus, rather than the opt. file, if I save my editing as MusicXML file, and then open it in my Finale 2012, what are the risks that I have to take except for the following points mentioned by the website? Do anyone use PhotoScore with Finale?

Information about guitar chord diagrams (guitar frames) is not stored, in addition to the position of absolute text (e.g. title, composer, lyricist). Only the first instance of absolute text is stored. If a measure is split across two systems, i.e. there is no barline at the end of the first system, it is output as if it were two separate measures. Fingering markings, repeat endings, codas/segnos and cross staff notes are not stored.

In addition, my system is Mac OS X, and are there any recommended brands of the flatbed scanner with TWAIN-compliant? in the website (http://www.neuratron.com/faq/UsageSc...#Which_scanner) the scanners they recommended are for PhotoScore 4 instead of PhotoScore Ultimate, and I don't know if the compatibility between these two versions is the same.

Thanks a lot!