Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2013, 06:56 PM

Default Pro-tools activation not working

I just purchased a student version of pro tools 11 and am attempting to activate and download my software after having received an email stating that my student information has been verified.

After accessing my avid account, I clicked on the "activate & download your product" link.

Then I'm prompted to to input my activation/download code, which I did.

Then the next page asks for my ilok id. THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM STARTS. . I type in my ilok id (which I know works because I have logged in with it on both the ilok website and the ilok license manager) and click continue. However, after doing so, the next page does not load. All it shows is the avid navigation bar across the top of the page but the rest of the page below is just blank and white. It's not loading the page that is supposed to be asking me to verify my information.

I've tried using a different browser (I've tried both firefox and Chrome), but still nothing has worked. I assume this is a website problem but either way I would like to know how to fix this so I can actually go ahead and activate/download my software.

This is also the only way in which I know how to get any tech support since you guys require a support contract which isn't possible for me to have since I haven't even installed the software yet (not a very smart system if you ask me).
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 PM

Default Re: Pro-tools activation not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by kholland65 View Post

I've tried using a different browser (I've tried both firefox and Chrome), but still nothing has worked. I assume this is a website problem but either way I would like to know how to fix this so I can actually go ahead and activate/download my software.
Hi

Welcome to the APAC/DUC Forum

We seen other members who have had this problem and the way they got around this was to use other Browsers and or another computer. Try deleting ALL history and all cookies etc on the browser and try again. I seen people use Safari and Internet explorer and also some have had issues with Firefox/Mozilla somsee if you either have Safari or IE or if you can try on another computer since you can do this activation on a secondary computer..

Best Of Luck
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-15-2015, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Pro-tools activation not working

Hey kholland65, just wondering if you found a way around this problem? Have just run into the same issue myself, albeit 12 months on...