Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2019, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools cannot find (all) my aax plugins.

Hi Darryl
1000 Thank you for your long and thorough answer. Unfortunately, the "injury has happened". My recording hard drive is now ONLY available on my new PC and because I didnt know how to end the Macdrive session properly I can't open it without Mac Drive. Do you have a suggestion on how to proceed, or Do you know anybody who had the experience with Macdrive.
thanks in advance
Jesper
Old 05-21-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesperT View Post
Hi Darryl
1000 Thank you for your long and thorough answer. Unfortunately, the "injury has happened". My recording hard drive is now ONLY available on my new PC and because I didnt know how to end the Macdrive session properly I can't open it without Mac Drive. Do you have a suggestion on how to proceed, or Do you know anybody who had the experience with Macdrive.
thanks in advance
Jesper
If you have MacDrive on the computer and can read the HFS+ (aka Mac OS Extended File System) recording drive just drag and drop the files on it to an NTFS partition on that drive or another drive (don't move then just make copies to a new partition with drag and drop and check if those works). You can ding instructions in how to create an NTFS partition on the web.

NTFS is the native filesystem on Windows, and is technically superior to HFS+ so if working on a PC it's a better place to be (Apple has finally caught up and gone past NTFS with the new APFS filesystem used since High Sierra). but my main concern here is you just should be keeping stuff as simple as possible.

Before doing any of this post a SiSoft Sandra report so we can understand what you actually have.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:37 PM

Hi Darryl. Thanks again.
I certainly agree with you :" but my main concern here is you just should be keeping stuff as simple as possible."
I dont have Mac drive after the 5 days trial ended. My friend has said that I could use it for free in 5 days and get it fixed, but now I can read on Macdrive.com : that I still have access to my mac hard drive, but for getting access to the files, I have to buy and activate the software ? My friend is gone underground, so my quistion to you is 1) Can I activate my files as my friend has said without buying Macdrive ? 2) If I have to buy Macdrive which Softraid should I buy ? The Price goes from 9.99 USD to 179.99 USD?
As I understand would you not recommend to get all my plugins data tranferred from Mac to PC. You would simply erase the disk and then begin to download and install my plugins again.

If this is right understood, I only have my recording harddisk to open.

Please tell me what a SiSoft Sandra report is ?
Can you please tell me how to attach a file to the message ?

Thank you Jesper
Old 05-22-2019, 12:50 PM

Where is your old Mac? Or do you have another Mac you can borrow/use to do this? Again the easiest way is to set up networking between a PC and a Mac, or maybe even easier just copy the sessions on that hard drive (while it is attached to a Mac) to a USB memory stick (or an external SSD like a Samsung T5) formatted as exFAT.

If your ex-friend lead you in the wrong direction like it seems, and then abandoned you should hunt them down and...
Old 05-22-2019, 12:55 PM

The issue is, that I have no copy of my Recording hard drive. The only existing Recording hard drive is the one on my PC with the Macdrive logos on the files.....which I cant open !
Old 05-22-2019, 01:07 PM

What the hell did you do with the original Mac and drive that the recordings were on?

If you were trialing software why did not just copy all the sessions over to an NTFS partition? Why did you risk anything on a software trial, did you ever run the sessions to know they are OK on your current drive?

Stop talking about “icons”. What actual file systems format are all the partitions on your drive? Post screenshots here. Or even better get SiSoft Sandra running and post a report here. Directions under the “Help us Help You” link up top of every DUC web page. And search DUC for past Sandra posts to see what is expected. For each of the partitions shown in the report tell us which one your Mac files are on.

If you have a partition on the PC now that has the Mac files on it what drive is it on? If it’s a removable drive, move it to a Mac. Pulling a internal drive out an putting it in a dock may be more effort than it’s worth, but it’s an option.

If you want to keep going down the third party software route, meh I don’t know what option to recommend, and I’m not going to spend time looking them up now. Lets start with having a grown up talk about what you actually have on the PC at the moment, and describe exactly what was done. So far this sounds just stupid. What happened to the original disk with your content on it? Where is any other backup?

Go find your ex-friend and pull their frigging fingernails out.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:33 PM

You are right. It is a hell I have made with trying to relying on 2Friends". and by the way my friend is actually my ex friend from now on.
I am so IT blind that I have to ask you where to find the area for attached files - sorry,,,,and thank you Jesper
Old 05-22-2019, 01:43 PM

I am going to ask again. Where is the Mac and original disk drives? If that disk is sitting in a trash can or somebody else has it and may be about to erase it. Go now and rescue it.

There were no backups anywhere? Made to the cloud? Or time machine backups etc? Before you do anything else, worry about that, and get you hands on any backups you might have.

What do you mean for “attached files”? You mean here on DUC? You can use the paper clip icon when you make a post, but for SiSoft Sandra output it’s just text so you can copy and paste it here.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:05 PM

I Did erase the recording disk on the Mac after downloading it to an external harddrive, for using it on the PC. YES I WAS STUPID !
From That external hard drive it was transferred by Macdrive to the PC hard drive.
I have taken a screenshot of the harddrives information which I will send you on an attached file. If I try the "insert link " a little window is asking me for URL ? so I am not sure of how to proceed an attached file
Old 05-22-2019, 02:13 PM

You asked.. I said use the paper clip button. And instead you used what button? Slow down and read exactly what I’ve said.

I still want to see your SiSoft Sandra report to see how it describes exactly what disks and filesystems you have.