Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2012, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Need help downloading protools 8 full.

Well i have tried what you have asked me to do and it is giving me an issue. It will not read the ilok. It may be a software/driver issue as i can not tell if the updated driver is loading properly on my computer. In any case it is not communicating with the website at the moment but it is communicating with my computer as far as i can tell.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM

Ok i found the issue, the ilok website does not work with firefox 4-5 (guess i should have paid attention to the green line on the website).

Anyways i got into it and it has these licenses only.

BF Classic Compressors v4

Avid

License

Never

BF Fairchild Bundle v4

Avid

License

Never

Bomb Factory BF-3A

Avid

License

Never

But i do have registration cards from the other pro tools license, just not the manual there for i don't have the activation id so it seems i am out of luck. -_- What a waste of our time.

Anyways why i have not gone back is simple, they did not guarantee anything as it was used. On top of that, they were selling that box and my box for the m-box 2 price only as they did not even guarantee my brand new software which luckily is compatible with the upgrade for windows 7. Above that it was quite a while ago and i doubt they have the rest of the unit anymore so it's simply a waste of time. On the bright side i have a ilok that works and 2 useless pieces of paper for licensing information. Maybe i can use it for a fire if i got stuck in a snow storm this winter haha !
Old 12-27-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJPapakonstantinou View Post
Ok i found the issue, the ilok website does not work with firefox 4-5 (guess i should have paid attention to the green line on the website).

Anyways i got into it and it has these licenses only.

BF Classic Compressors v4

Avid

License

Never

BF Fairchild Bundle v4

Avid

License

Never

Bomb Factory BF-3A

Avid

License

Never

But i do have registration cards from the other pro tools license, just not the manual there for i don't have the activation id so it seems i am out of luck. -_- What a waste of our time.

Anyways why i have not gone back is simple, they did not guarantee anything as it was used. On top of that, they were selling that box and my box for the m-box 2 price only as they did not even guarantee my brand new software which luckily is compatible with the upgrade for windows 7. Above that it was quite a while ago and i doubt they have the rest of the unit anymore so it's simply a waste of time. On the bright side i have a ilok that works and 2 useless pieces of paper for licensing information. Maybe i can use it for a fire if i got stuck in a snow storm this winter haha !
The registration/serial number is like gold. A dealer should know all this, selling (or even giving) you something that is missing that registration/serial number or where somebody else has used/registered the product before is pointless. All stuff a dealer should know. Anyhow looks like you have those iLok assets for Bomb Factory plugins that are not bad plugs to own.

If you are missing the plugin software see http://secure.digidesign.com/service...&localeCode=en. Some of these are updaters, some full installers, it should be obvious when you download them.

Its still not clear to me if you really have a working Pro Tools system or not, maybe that Pro Tools 8 LE?

What else are you missing or are you all set now?

Darryl
Old 12-28-2012, 01:29 PM

I'm good thanks. See luckily i did not need the other license/ registration as i do have pro tools l.e and it is working. So I am all set, and thank you for the link but i am currently using superior drummer anyways.

I just wanted to use the other registration card/ id and get the other pro tools as well, however that does not seem possible as i do not have the activation code. Joyous is it not? =P

Anyways, thread is solved to all who are reading.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:47 PM

Superior drummer is a great drum VI (I use it) but Bomb Factory is not a drum VI, the iLok Bomb Factory licenses you have include some great compressors.... potentially handy for lots of stuff including drums.