Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 07-17-2020, 11:43 AM

Default [Artist Mix] Signal Meters, Adjustment Values, and Auto-bank to track in Ableton

Hi.

I’ve recently pulled out my Artist Mix from storage, updated everything and set it up in Ableton via MackieControl.

Most of the functionality that I need works well, but there are 3 functions that don’t. I’m assuming it’s because of certain incompatibilities with between the unit and Ableton, or a MackieControl limitation, and I’d love to know if there’s a way to utilize them in Ableton:

- Track Signal Meters in the OLED display. they’re just not showing for me.
- Value changes when adjusting track volume, panning, etc. This is supposed to replace the track name at the very top of each Track column when adjusting takes place. In my case, the track name simply disappears when I adjust the volume (depending on the setting I choose in EuControl, but regardless of that, the values are never displayed)
- Auto-bank to selected track. This simply doesn’t work. If I select a track that’s not in the current bank on the Artist Mix unit, nothing happenes. This is regardless of whether I have the option enabled in EuControl or not.

I am running:
- Artist Mix Firmware 1.5.6.0 (latest)
- Windows 10 Pro (latest)
- Ableton Live Suite 10.1.15 (latest)
- EuControl 20.6.1.3 (mv-host-win-1) (latest)
- MC Client 4.6.2.3 (mv-host-win-1) (latest)
- My Artist Mix is hooked up to a router to which my computer is also connected and I am using DHCP on the Artist Mix
- My Ableton MIDI settings are:

Will appreciate your help, very much. Thank you!

-w

Last edited by w00fa; 07-17-2020 at 12:54 PM. Reason: added system information