Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-08-2013, 12:46 PM

Default Same 2 errors won't go away on PT10 after making changes and upgrades

I have been using Protools since PT6. I have used PC's in the past and now run PT10 on my Mac (OSX 10.6.8), Intel Core 2 Duo with 12 Gig of RAM. I have had the same type of error messages (-6101, -6104, and DAE error 750) since the beginning of my protools use. I was told I needed to dedicate a different drive for my audio so I purchased a Glyph external firewire drive with the compatible chipset.

My interface is 2nd version of the Mbox 2 they made. I run my playback engine at 1024 while mixing, and I continue to receive these messages. I deal with fairly high track counts (up to 36, rarely more), and of course once I start applying plugin inserts, I receive these messages. I've made all the optimizations I can on my Mac, and I'm really not sure what else I can do to solve the problem other than investing in a DSP based system that doesn't tax my computer this way. Problem is, I can't afford that route at this point.

I need to finish this mix in a timely fashion and I'm starting to get nervous about it. Could anyone on here help point me in the right direction? I've read through a lot of posts and I've done what many others recommended. Any help is truly appreciated.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:16 PM

Question Re: Same 2 errors won't go away on PT10 after making changes and upgrades

What type of drive (FireWire?) are you using? Do you have the Complete Production Toolkit option? If you launch Activity Monitor, how much RAM is Pro Tools using when you start seeing these DAE errors?
Old 10-08-2013, 08:54 PM

Default Re: Same 2 errors won't go away on PT10 after making changes and upgrades

Yes firewire as far as my dedicated audio drive. I'm using a 2 terabite external firewire glyph drive to run my audio. I'm not sure what the complete production toolkit option is. Could you inform me? Also could you tell me what to do in order to launch the activity monitor so I can figure out exactly how much RAM Protools is using? I have to solve this problem soon, and I'm afraid it's going to cost me $$$ to upgrade to an interface that utilizes firewire. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a legit song-write, mixer, and producer. I lost my computer guy and don't know where to turn with all of this. Thanks in advance. And thank you "Chief Technician".
Old 10-09-2013, 05:54 AM

Default Re: Same 2 errors won't go away on PT10 after making changes and upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfm420 View Post
Yes firewire as far as my dedicated audio drive. I'm using a 2 terabite external firewire glyph drive to run my audio. I'm not sure what the complete production toolkit option is. Could you inform me? Also could you tell me what to do in order to launch the activity monitor so I can figure out exactly how much RAM Protools is using? I have to solve this problem soon, and I'm afraid it's going to cost me $$$ to upgrade to an interface that utilizes firewire. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm a legit song-write, mixer, and producer. I lost my computer guy and don't know where to turn with all of this. Thanks in advance. And thank you "Chief Technician".
Could you be a little more specific as to what model Mac you have? Desktop or laptop? As far as Activity Monitor go to Applications/Utilities and it should be there. What version of PT10.

QAPLA!
Old 10-09-2013, 12:53 PM

Protools 10.0 and it's a Mac book pro. The all in one monitor style.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Protools 10.0 and it's a Mac book pro. The all in one monitor style.
All laptops are all in one monitor style. Or do you mean you have an iMac which is more to the description you just gave here. You just have PT 10.0? Why haven't you updated to PT 10.3.7?

QAPLA!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:55 PM

Yeah it's an I-mac. And I didn't realize until now that there were updates. Are you saying an upgrade is all I need to solve this issue?
Old 10-09-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Yeah it's an I-mac. And I didn't realize until now that there were updates. Are you saying an upgrade is all I need to solve this issue?
Update and upgrade are different things. Try updating PT and it might fix your problem but there's no guarantees. There might be other problems going on but using the latest version of PT will go a long way to taking care of the bugs/problems in the original release. Another thing is until you get a handle on what you really have as to your computer and what you really have on it you're going to have problems. PT is not plug and play software and you do have to be come something of a software geek to keep things running smoothly.

QAPLA!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 PM

I downloaded the newest version of PT10 and the drivers for my MBOX2 and now it won't even run. It's says Protools cannot be opened because of a problem "Check with the developer to make sure ProTools works with this version of MAC OS X. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and MAC OS X. I'm going to try and reinstall it but I'm not sure what else to do.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:18 PM

Question Re: Same 2 errors won't go away on PT10 after making changes and upgrades

Did you download PT11? All releases of PT10 work with Snow Leopard. Unless your download is PT11 or corrupted, that error message should not be appearing.