Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-27-2020, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Eucon 20.5 Automation Lag

I've reinstalled the updates and have narrowed the problem down to the Dock. If I remove it from the system, the S3 and Control app work just fine. No automation lag at all. As soon as I introduce the Dock, the lag happens on all attached Eucon devices.
Seeing as the Dock is the Central part of my workstation and transport controls, I would LOVE to see this address or a work around given.
Warner Bros. Animation

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0760851/
Old 05-27-2020, 07:28 PM

This is a show stopper for me as well.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5.0
EuCon 20_5_0_149_10690

MacOS 10.14.6
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB RAM
Graphics Radeon RX 460 4 GB
3 LCD monitor setup.

No Avid hardware, Core Audio interface.

EuControl Surfaces:
3 Artist Mix
1 Artist Control
1 Avid Control, via iPad using Ethernet

All surfaces hooked up to a dedicated unmanaged switch with static IPs, and hooked up to the 2nd ethernet port on Mac, with EuCon System Pref set to 2nd interface.

I've done a proper removal of EuControl before 20.5.0 installation by running the uninstaller (as part of the installer DMG). I've also tried uninstalling, and choosing the option to remove all user prefs. Neither of these steps changes the behavior.

Session:
Large post mix session with DNxHD36 video.
686 tracks, but only a fraction of that are on-screen
25 VCAs, but not a crazy amount of nesting

Tried the various options about having tracks available for spill and layouts that are not onscreen, to no avail.

THE SYMPTOMS:
I touch a control, e.g. a fader, and 3 seconds later it starts writing automation. This is in a larger session, but even happens with all plug-ins disabled and CPU usage at 7% in PT System Usage meter.

In comparison, the onscreen GUI track faders work instantly -- automation starts writing.

If I roll Pro Tools and let it play for around 3 seconds, and then grab a control, it will (usually) instantly start writing the automation soon after grabbing the fader.

It also seems to be the case that if I remove all tracks from the Edit window display, paring down to only one track, the fader response is instant. Adding more tracks to the display (show tracks), eventually seems to cause the issue to appear.

Switched to older version of EuControl — 20.1.0.50_106700, and it works fine ‘cept for the fact that my Avid Control app on iPad is now newer, and there is now a “version mismatch.” So, the iPad is now unusable.

I can send my session for testing purposes if need be.

Thanks for your help.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:23 AM

So here's an interesting part of this bug. Try this, touch the fader BEFORE you hit play. For me, automation now starts writing straight away when the transport starts. If I wait to touch the fader after I hit play, it takes about 1 second for automation to start writing. I hope that helps Avid find and solve the problem in Eucon. Thanks in advance for solving this issue for us!!
Warner Bros. Animation

Old 05-29-2020, 02:37 PM

This is insane. Eucon is not at all usable for me right now. I have an s3/Dock/ipad and I've been considering upgrading to s6 but why would I even consider sinking more money into this system. Frankly Eucon was better a year or 2 ago. I have a 2 second lag when I hit the mute button, hit stop on the transport, I have a 4-8 second lag when I try to switch layouts. How in the world is this not getting caught in QA?

I'm sorry I usually don't usually complain publicly, but I can't do the mix I'm supposed to be doing right now b/c they are unable to get this system working. A system that was working flawlessly till a year or so ago.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
For anyone that feels the need to roll back to 20.1 here's the ipa https://1drv.ms/u/s!AowqasI1coAD49BM...da4Tg?e=6kKham
This is unsupported though by Avid.
How do I use this?
Old 05-29-2020, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfrequency View Post
So here's an interesting part of this bug. Try this, touch the fader BEFORE you hit play. For me, automation now starts writing straight away when the transport starts. If I wait to touch the fader after I hit play, it takes about 1 second for automation to start writing. I hope that helps Avid find and solve the problem in Eucon. Thanks in advance for solving this issue for us!!
I'm still seeing a touch of lag when the doc is offline, but it is much better for sure.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:13 PM

One other thing that has gotten worse over time is switching between different layout and spills. When I bought the system 2ish years ago, it was razor sharp switching from a one layout to another or to a spill. not the faders jump nearly a full second before the names change. -This is without the dock connected, with that nothing works.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:52 PM

I hope they can sort this out quickly. At the moment, looks like many of use are having to choose which peripheral to go without just so we can work. Not cool.
Warner Bros. Animation

Old 05-29-2020, 08:47 PM

This is a show stopper for me as well.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5.0
EuCon 20_5_0_149_10690

MacOS 10.14.6
Mac Pro 2009 upgraded to 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
32 GB RAM
Graphics Radeon RX 460 4 GB
3 LCD monitor setup.

No Avid hardware, Core Audio interface.

EuControl Surfaces:
3 Artist Mix
1 Artist Control
1 Avid Control, via iPad using Ethernet

All surfaces hooked up to a dedicated unmanaged switch with static IPs, and hooked up to the 2nd ethernet port on Mac, with EuCon System Pref set to 2nd interface.

I've done a proper removal of EuControl before 20.5.0 installation by running the uninstaller (as part of the installer DMG). I've also tried uninstalling, and choosing the option to remove all user prefs. Neither of these steps changes the behavior.

Session:
Large post mix session with DNxHD36 video.
686 tracks, but only a fraction of that are on-screen
25 VCAs, but not a crazy amount of nesting

Tried the various options about having tracks available for spill and layouts that are not onscreen, to no avail.

THE SYMPTOMS:
I touch a control, e.g. a fader, and 3 seconds later it starts writing automation. This is in a larger session, but even happens with all plug-ins disabled and CPU usage at 7% in PT System Usage meter.

In comparison, the onscreen GUI track faders work instantly -- automation starts writing.

If I roll Pro Tools and let it play for around 3 seconds, and then grab a control, it will (usually) instantly start writing the automation soon after grabbing the fader.

It also seems to be the case that if I remove all tracks from the Edit window display, paring down to only one track, the fader response is instant. Adding more tracks to the display (show tracks), eventually seems to cause the issue to appear.

Switched to older version of EuControl — 20.1.0.50_106700, and it works fine ‘cept for the fact that my Avid Control app on iPad is now newer, and there is now a “version mismatch.” So, the iPad is now unusable.

I can send my session for testing purposes if need be.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:01 PM

Roll back. Things here are OK with S1 & Dock on versions:

macOS 10.14.6
Pro Tools 2019.12 and 2020.3
EuControl 20.1.0.50
Control App 20.1.0.8