Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 11-24-2020, 10:34 AM

Default Integrated Dolby Atmos

Hey chaps,

I wished that Avid would of been the one to develop this first, but alas, it is not the case. Steinberg did: in the box solution for creating Atmos.

https://new.steinberg.net/nuendo/showcase-11/
(go to 16min)

So now that Nuendo has integrated Dolby Atmos capabilities... when will we get it?

I dont want this to turn into a PT vs XYZ.
I dont want this to turn into a Mac vs Pc.

I just want us to signal Avid that we want this... for xmas(!)

:)

Franky
Old 11-24-2020, 05:13 PM

Default Re: Integrated Dolby Atmos

Nice to see that Nuendo continues to be a serious PT competitor. Cheers to Steinberg for doing great work. Thanks for sharing the video.
Old 11-24-2020, 05:33 PM

I noticed that there are new channel routing options in 2020.11 when Atmos is enable. Instead of there being the usual outputs and busses, there is an option for beds now too. Apparently 2020.11 can also export ADM files directly too, but I haven't looked any deeper into it.

I suspect it is on the way!
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:54 PM

Avid seriously had better get with the program.
1. The internal bussing of Davinci Resolve Studio 17 and Nuendo 11 both cope with straightforwad 7.1.4 and up without any workarounds.
2. Nuendo has NATIVE integration with Dolby Atmos Home and Netflix based tools for compliance.
Not only this, but it has a native light version of spectral layers (similar to Izotope RX) and ARA compliance.
3. The cost of Davinci Resolve Studio for life is the equivalent to a Pro Tools Ultimate yearly subscription. The fairlight system with Protools keyboard shortcuts and similar smart tool makes transition a breeze.
I have been a user of Pro Tools since it was Sound Tools on Audi Media cards, through 888s ,Nubus, Sample Cell, Mixplus ,HD and HDX.
When my next subscription is due, I , like many of my musical and post cohorts, am seriously thinking of jumping ship to a platform that does not rely on being the reputation of being the"standard".
My opinion is that Tools has been resting on its laurels for to long and the other platforms features and costs have overtaken the value for money that Avid supplies.
The standard is market driven and Avid is seriously dragging the chain.
If tools wants to continue being this "standard", they had better up their game.