Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2018, 04:54 AM

Default MIDI Keeps Repeating Notes

Hi,
Can anybody see what I am doing wrong?
I have a very simple setup - just a PC with 24 GB ram with it's sound card - no interface, no mic input. I connect the PC Sound Card's Line Out to an amplifier to listen.

I am simply trying to play an Xpand2! bass,
piano or organ using the midi editor piano keyboard. For example the default "Blues" Template provides a MIDI Track for a bass part to be recorded. So I select the Xpand2! plugin and choose a bass sound. I "record enable" the track. I open the MIDI Editor to check what it sounds like.

However every time a press a key on the soft key board, I get multiple repeat notes like there is delay plugin somewhere (which there is not). The repeats seem to go on for ever as long as I press the key. I have disabled all effects on Xpand2! as far as I can see. This makes me think there is some sort of a feedback loop somewhere where the track's output is being fed back into the input.

It seems to go away if I put Pro Tools into "play" ( i.e. play a track). I can then hear each note perfectly without repeats. (That sort makes sense because in play mode there would be no input to feed back into - which reinforces my idea of an unwanted feed back loop.

I was expecting to be able to select a sound from Xpand2! and just play it and hear it through my amp.

Anybody Help Please?