Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2017, 03:52 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation erratic behavior

seeing exactly the same problem with Pt 12.6.1 and UAD apollo 16 and/or satellite ..I record uk broadcast and have quite involved bussing ..any record busses post my main output (which includes UAD mastering ) introduce delays as posted here. Have done extensive test with drives/bussing etc. Interestingly if i bounce to disk rather than record to a track then the delay is slightly reduced but 33ms seems to be record delay 1567 samples when i record to a track. Doing drop in mends for me is a pain as I am working with picture sync so have to nudge not only my full mix back in sync but subsequently all drop ins. I regularly use the UAD in live tv mixing (AES and analogue rather than thunderbolt obviously) and there are no similar issue there ...interesting to see if this gets UAD or Avid interested?hoping so as it would really help my workflow ...
Old 10-13-2017, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation erratic behavior

12.7 updated the bussing and ADC so that mentioned issues no longer exist. Just do the update.