Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-06-2012, 05:28 PM

Default Mbox 3 USB Problem

My Mbox 3 works fine with a current Mac Mini. When I plugged it into an Intel iMac it didn't like the USB, the Mbox's blue power light would blink. Apple hardware check showed it on the USB bus but it wouldn't load for PT. It showed the Mbox was getting more power than it needed.

I then plugged the Mbox3 into a powered USB hub and it was fine until I booted the iMac which the hub was connected to. At the moment the Mac booted the Mbox's blue light starts to blink. It was solid, non blinking blue with the powered hub just before booting. I even tried connecting the hub to the already booted iMac with no luck.

Anyone else got an Mbox 3 that doesn't like the USB of some Macs? I saw previous threads here but none of their suggestions changed it.

David Correia
www.Celebrationsound.com
Old 06-23-2012, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 USB Problem

I have the same problem since upgrading from snow leopard to lion. When I plug in the mbox and the blue light stats flashing, the only way I get it to connect properly again is to reboot the mac with the mbox already plugged in the usb port.

hope that helps, cheers!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Thumbs down Power Light Flashing On Mbox3

I would like to preface this message by informing you all that I am extremely angry about the less then acceptable performance of the over-priced hardware and software that Avid provides. I am not trying to be kind here, and hard-core fanboys of Avid need not reply.

So, I sat down just now to bounce out a song, and my Mbox 3 is not working. The blue power light is flashing. I have tried all of the inane things such as restarting my computer, connecting to different USB ports, reinstalling drivers, and pretty much every other thing you might think of.

What I want to know is; is there a definitive, one-stop solution for this problem (which occurs, and randomly vanishes, every few weeks) or; how do I get my money back, since I don't want to have paid for this pile of garbage hardware?

Thanks in advance, and again, hard-core enthusiasts need not reply.

This Info:
Mac OSX, Pro Tools 10, don't remember what kind of CPU, it really doesn't matter. It's a Mac.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Power Light Flashing On Mbox3

Open Mbox control panel, go to setup, under Clock Settings, switch the clack source or the sample rate and it should hook up again. At least it works on my Mbox 3 Pro.
Tampa Bay, Florida
http://www.frankencat.com
<><

PT 2018.12 (Win)
PT 10.3.10 (Win)
Mbox Pro Gen 3 Firmware 1.0.4
Focusrite 18i8 Gen 2 (mobile rig)
Windows 10 Enterprise (main PT OS)
Mac Mojave 10.14.4 (no PT at the moment)
Old 10-14-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsilano View Post
Open Mbox control panel, go to setup, under Clock Settings, switch the clack source or the sample rate and it should hook up again. At least it works on my Mbox 3 Pro.
What "Mbox Control Panal" are you talking about?? I've never seen any control panal and can't find one on my computer, never had to use it before. Where would I find it?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:25 PM

Okay, found the control panal, but it doesn't do anything, switching things in the set-up doesn't change anything, power light is still flashing and the mbox isn't functioning.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Does it say that the hardware is connected? This works for me with the mbox pro. Sorry if it doesn't work for you.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Tampa Bay, Florida
http://www.frankencat.com
<><

PT 2018.12 (Win)
PT 10.3.10 (Win)
Mbox Pro Gen 3 Firmware 1.0.4
Focusrite 18i8 Gen 2 (mobile rig)
Windows 10 Enterprise (main PT OS)
Mac Mojave 10.14.4 (no PT at the moment)
Old 10-26-2012, 02:52 PM

Does what say that the hardware is connected?

I've been on hold with avid for a very long time now, I can't believe how terrible their customer service is. Why on earth do they feel like they can charge so much for their product, and then just be complete tools when their horrible hardware just breaks? Never understood big business.

I bought a powered hub today thinking it might be a power problem, but nope, didn't fix anything. Amazingly, Avid hasn't posted a solution for this at all, so they're pretty much just ignoring the problem. Wonderful people.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:00 PM

2 questions...

Which version of PT 10 are you using and which OSX are you using? Yes this does make a differnce
Old 10-26-2012, 03:03 PM

Un-[bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing-believable. after being put on hold for 20 minutes, I was literally transferred to no one. Literally got transfer to a pre-recorded message that told me to look online for help.

I cannot even put into words how [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]ing pathetic and worthless this company is. Holy [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep], I am blown away.

Just... wow.